OFFICIAL PETITION: Create a new forum for Off Topic

I would like a new forum for Off Topic to continue

• Total voters
Mark said:
And where do you propose this new forum should be created?
The Life/Off Topic
The Music/Off Topic
The Departed/Off Topic

I think there could be a few different places that would be suitable.

It might sound redundant... but there are two large groups of people that prefer the group and threads they were associating with, now it's quite chaotic and disrupted. Chat is my home, and Off Topic was many of theirs. I guess if we must share, we will, but there were two completely different forums with different identities. I for one would like to seem them stay unique, and as far as I can see from the polling, the others would too.

I would be willing to offer my free time to help move over the threads... anyone else?

Mark said:
And where do you propose this new forum should be created?
One possibility is this forum takes all the Opeth OT threads, and a forum such as "Classic Chat" would take all of the threads from this forum. All of xeno's suggestions are good ideas too.

Any chance there can also be a premium members Chat forum? I'll have some money in a few days (hopefully) and I'll join if we get that (if not It'll go towards a new bass to get my band started again)

W00T! Go me and Intruder88

You people need to think for just a moment. Imagine you were in a band that is beginning to get some real success. Of course in order for your small time label to sell you to the masses in the US and around the world, you need to at least have an image that is semi professional. If you PAY for a forum where you allow people to discuss sex, politics, dolphinsex, ass, tits, post pictures of their cocks, etc. that kinda takes away from the professionalism of your band. Opeth may not support the point of view on politics and religion that the majority of the off topic board support. By letting all that fly under your name you are in a sense supporting those ideas. The off topic forum made Opeth seem like a really popular place for a few dozen people with no lives whatsoever to sit around and spam the hell out of the internet because they have nothing better to do. That might not be the professional image Opeth wants to put out there. Not to mention it was getting so large that half the people on there don't really even LIKE Opeth, but were instead shown the forum by someone else.

I agree that the forum should have been moved. As I stated elsewhere I don't agree with the execution of this move, and now merger, but grow up people. So what if there are new people on here. Big deal. Are you going to start a forum and NOT allow new members? How retarded is that?

If one of you wants to go through the hassle of making another forum, setting up the whole thing, and then paying for it, all the while listening to people bitch about stupid shit like the color or somebody posted something mean about me kind of stupid shit then go right ahead. What you really need is just to open a chat room with 15 people or so and let it keep running indefinitely, all the while kicking out every new person that comes along.

Learn to accept change when it really is the most logical and easy way to do things.