Official "Sports" thread

They're just diving all the time, crying for yellow cards and free kicks. Just pathethic.

Hehe reminds me of Italia in the previous cup :p .

Wow, nice game! I'm sad Korea lost, they're actually a great team!!! If they keep playing like that they'll definitely pass the first round.

Let's see how España does tomorrow, I hope they kick ass!

Brazil 2 - Korea 0 : boring as hell. Korea is better than expected (a good share of offensive moments at the 1st half) and Brazil is the most boring team ever. It seems like this WC will suck hard.

EDIT: Korea scored!! Brazil 2- Korea 1. The latter was at the offensive at the end. Shameful win IMO. Good for Korea, I hope they could get into the next stage.

I don't think this WC has been terrible, not many goals but some matches (like this one) were quite interesting to watch. And yes, Brazil didn't look too good, they couldn't do much against NK's military organisation.

Let's see how España does tomorrow, I hope they kick ass!

I hope a draw, for Chile's sake.

I don't think this WC has been terrible, not many goals but some matches (like this one) were quite interesting to watch. And yes, Brazil didn't look too good, they couldn't do much against NK's military organisation.

For me has been terrible, mainly for the lack of offensive. Italy was horrible, so it was Brazil (for their standard), just Germany has looked really good from the favs.

Tomorrow's matches!

Match 1: Honduras vs. Chile
Match 2: Spain vs. Switzerland
Match 3: South Africa vs. Uruguay

My match for the day is again going to be the third one, it'll be interesting to see how SA plays on their home turf.

Thidrek made a comment that it seemed unusual that the USA is interested in World Cup for once.

Well, there's a few reasons for this. Nationally, at least, the various networks and news agencies have been talking about it a lot, both from a sports standpoint, and from a historical/cultural standpoint, because it's being held in South Africa. So now it's at least on people's radar.

Now locally in Seattle, we're excited about it. Seattle in general just *loves* football/soccer. We have a local team, the Seattle Sounders, who play sold out games all the time, and they're enormously popular. So, with the USA-England game on, there was a lot of interest.

I also live in a part of town called 'Rainier Valley'. Seattle is a pretty segregated city racially, and Rainier Valley is populated by a lot of different immigrant communities. White people like me? We're in the minority. Which I just love, I love all the diversity in my neighborhood and seeing all the different cultures in action. So nearly every single restaurant, coffee shop, bar, etc. that had a tv, had it on the game. I ended up watching the first half in a Cajun restaurant with some acquaintances. Then, lunch broke up, and I walked down a few meters to the Islamic halal deli in the same strip mall, and saw the second half of the game while drinking some tea.

Those are some interesting points. Sure, an event of this hugeness on the African continent makes people curious.

That's not the reason I think. The Brazilians just thought they could win without any efforts. So the first half of the game was ambitious North Korean soccer against bored Brazilians. The other teams in this group will surely not take a win for granted but nonetheless win. Even with better results than yesterday's game's.

^ Victoria is a nice name :) . And you haven't replied my PM miss. I think Italia won the last WC due to the horrible refereeing that plagued the cup, and the penalties in their favour that never existed. And Zidane :p .

well if zidane acted like a dumbass it's surely not our fault! :eek:

sorry i forgot to reply! :tickled:

Well, Chile won, as expected. I liked the match, Chile was attacking all the time trying different ways to score. The defense was solid specially recovering the ball. We could have scored at least 5 times, but still is a very well deserved win.

Well, Chile won, as expected. I liked the match, Chile was attacking all the time trying different ways to score. The defense was solid specially recovering the ball. We could have scored at least 5 times, but still is a very well deserved win.

I saw part of that game. of course, it was at 5am local time and I was still in a dream state, but I did watch some of it. It was a great game, from what I remember!

buffon, our goalkeeper, is probably broken! goodbye to any possibility to get ahead in the competition!
he is a strong spot of our team :erk:

And one of their goalies got red carded. That is not good.

Tomorrow's matches!

1. Argentina vs. South Korea
2. Greece vs. Nigeria
3. France vs. Mexico

Not really :p .

I hope Argentina, Greece and Mexico lose :p .

Interesting note:

Since North Korea is a dictatorship, most people can't really leave the country. So the North Korean fans that everyone saw in the game are probably hired Chinese actors. Pretty sad to be honest.

Actually, an Italian said something to Zidane before, so I'm sure the headbutt was well deserved.

it has been speculated a lot about what the italian guy said to zidane, like "son of a bitch" or other offensive words that i don't remember exactly, it has passed 4 years....
what can i say is that a lot of offensive words always fly on football pitches (and especially italians are used to swear words and dirty language) , against players and also field judges but no one hits no one usually.
and i have to add that a friend of mine, who has problems with hearing and so is able to do the lip reading, said to us that she could understand what the italian player said to zidane seeing the video and nothing offensive has been said....
anyway...we can speak about this for centuries, the fact remains. he gave an headbut to another player during a fucking world cup final, and he was sure this behaviour will cause his expulsion. he did it the same and so he must accept the consequences!

Spain lost??...WOW...I think thats a bad result to Chili :(

It is. Now Switzerland has the same chances as Chile and Spain to pass the first round (since Honduras will lose the 3 matches anyway). What is worse is that Chile needs to win for at least 3 goals to Sw and at least draw with Spain to be the leader of the group. If Chile passes the round as second, the next match would be v/s Brazil.

it has been speculated a lot about what the italian guy said to zidane, like "son of a bitch" or other offensive words that i don't remember exactly, it has passed 4 years....
what can i say is that a lot of offensive words always fly on football pitches (and especially italians are used to swear words and dirty language) , against players and also field judges but no one hits no one usually.
and i have to add that a friend of mine, who has problems with hearing and so is able to do the lip reading, said to us that she could understand what the italian player said to zidane seeing the video and nothing offensive has been said....
anyway...we can speak about this for centuries, the fact remains. he gave an headbut to another player during a fucking world cup final, and he was sure this behaviour will cause his expulsion. he did it the same and so he must accept the consequences!

Yeah indeed, it wasn't a very smart move from both players :p . It was the heaaaat of the moomeeent! (Asia, anyone?) Haha I remember Italy's game of this cup in which the other team scored a goal, and I could read Buffon's lips whilst he said: "MEEEEERDAAAAA!" :lol: :lol: .

Yeah Chile has a really tough group.

Wow Argentina won 4-1, I guess they're finally getting it.