Official "Sports" thread

Yeah, as I expected, we beat South Korea. Our group anyway is quite easy. They're considered "practice matches" instead of "real" matches. Hahaha, this WC is really fun, filled with surprises. But I was thinking... If we beat Korea 4 - 1, and Korea beat Greece 2 - 0... May we beat Greece 8 - 0? Hahaha.

Bleh, anyway, I'm a big fan of Basketball. And I play martial arts (both Kendo and Budo Taijutsu). Anyone else here plays any martial arts?

Well I'd say technically Mexico's first goal was an offside, but France qualified to these championships thanks to a referee-miss in the first place, so. :D

damn frogs-eaters....you have lost!!!!! :lol:

France did an awful match. It's the worst 'France' I've seen. Mexico played really well, I hope they could make it to the next round. I'm very sorry but I hope Italy get crushed asap, another big name that plays like shit.

Yeah, as I expected, we beat South Korea. Our group anyway is quite easy. They're considered "practice matches" instead of "real" matches. Hahaha, this WC is really fun, filled with surprises. But I was thinking... If we beat Korea 4 - 1, and Korea beat Greece 2 - 0... May we beat Greece 8 - 0? Hahaha.

Bleh, anyway, I'm a big fan of Basketball. And I play martial arts (both Kendo and Budo Taijutsu). Anyone else here plays any martial arts?

Argentina needs to stand up and get some pride back, after the shameful performance at the qualifying rounds.

I did boxing 2 years. I dunno if it counts.

That was a good game, and people in the work cafeteria were extremely excited to watch it. All for Mexico, of course.

And on that note, tomorrow's matches!

1. Germany vs. Serbia
2. Slovenia vs. United States
3. England vs. Algeria

The US match starts tomorrow at 7am Seattle Time, and I'm trying to consider is if I'm insane enough to try to get up early to watch part of it before heading off to work. I'll miss most of it during my commute anyway.

France did an awful match. It's the worst 'France' I've seen. Mexico played really well, I hope they could make it to the next round. I'm very sorry but I hope Italy get crushed asap, another big name that plays like shit.

Argentina needs to stand up and get some pride back, after the shameful performance at the qualifying rounds.

I did boxing 2 years. I dunno if it counts.

Yeah, I watched a bit of the first half, so I'm surprised that Mexico didn't score more; seeing that France was really, really lousy. Just like Argentina, they're playing match better than they were on the qualifying matches.

Yeah I hope Italia gets crushed too :p .

Yeah, boxing does count! As a matter of fact, look at this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing I'm on vacation. Will try to catch it, it any networks here in the US will carry it.

It's on Univision (GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!) and ESPN. The main networks are busy with their morning fluff shows, because blood will run in the streets if dreck like Good Morning America is pre-empted by something as trivial as a world-wide sporting event.

I hope they could make it to the next round. I'm very sorry but I hope Italy get crushed asap.

Yeah I hope Italia gets crushed too :p .

why everybody hates the italian team???? :cry:
maybe the team is not as brilliant as in the past, but on the previous edition we received only two goals in the entire cup, and we did not loose a single match if i'm not wrong.
for this cup....we will see...only one match has been played....

I didn't see the match, but WTF happened? WTF is going on at this WC?

It was a weird game, Alemania could have tied the game, but Podolski missed a penalty shot :( ; the keeper guessed, so Podolsky should've kicked the ball harder. It was similar to DPKR vs Brazil, the former's defence was so tight that Brazil couldn't do much. I guess that, and the red card for Deutschland really didn't help.

But yeah, it's been a strange cup. I've enjoyed it, but it's weird. I guess that's why I like it hehe.

Now I can only hope England wins, it should be an easy match.

I don't know, but Slovenia is just creaming the USA. 2-0, and still in the first half.

Yeah, the US isn't really good team IMO. They should've lost against England, but they were lucky. I shouldn't say anything, there's still one half to go against Slovenia. Go Slovenia!

EDIT: See? US just scored, they can easily tie the match. That'd be the best for England hehe, so I wouldn't mind that.

why everybody hates the italian team???? :cry:
maybe the team is not as brilliant as in the past, but on the previous edition we received only two goals in the entire cup, and we did not loose a single match if i'm not wrong.
for this cup....we will see...only one match has been played....

To be honest Italia didn't do such a good cup last time, IMO Switzerland or Germany should've won. And my girlfriend is (half) Italian, so it's also to bother her hehehehe.

Annnnnnnnnd.......it's now 2-2 USA vs. Slovenia. With 8 minutes left. With two solid goals. And now I catch my train, so I'm missing the last bit.

Yup, it ended as a tie. Good for Slovenia, great for England, horrible for the US.

It would have been 3-2 USA, but the US guy was called out as 'offsides'. This is causing a MASSIVE kerfluffle in the USA, because everyone thinks that the ref blew the call.

Ah, the things I miss on the train to work...