Official "Sports" thread

A friend of mine taped the 7-0 win of Portugal vs. North Korea, so I'm watching it now. Safe to say NK is knocked out of the WC. Dear Leader will not be pleased.

Now the fun *really* begins - multiple games being played simultaneously! Tomorrow's matches! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

1. Mexico vs. Uruguay - 22 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
2. France vs. South Africa - 22 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
3. Nigeria vs. South Korea - 22 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)
4. Greece vs. Argentina - 22 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)

I've been watching this on Univision, and my coworker is watching it on ESPN. there's no telling what the second game will be broadcast on each channel tomorrow at work. It'd be hysterical if they were different games.

A friend of mine taped the 7-0 win of Portugal vs. North Korea, so I'm watching it now. Safe to say NK is knocked out of the WC. Dear Leader will not be pleased.

Now the fun *really* begins - multiple games being played simultaneously! Tomorrow's matches! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

1. Mexico vs. Uruguay - 22 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
2. France vs. South Africa - 22 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
3. Nigeria vs. South Korea - 22 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)
4. Greece vs. Argentina - 22 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)

I've been watching this on Univision, and my coworker is watching it on ESPN. there's no telling what the second game will be broadcast on each channel tomorrow at work. It'd be hysterical if they were different games.

Kim Jong-Il (dear leader) will probably shoot the guys :lol:.

I'm glad Spain won, not a great game but still fun to watch.

Mexico vs Uruguay tomorrow should be interesting.

i saw last match and i perfectly know it was horrible!
but still i think they can play better than how they did! i'm not a football expert, but what i saw last afternoon was a really bad italy!
it's a shame they even the score with a team like new zealand, and that the only goal was given by a penalty shot. on the other hand zealand's goal was not regular, it was offside, so in the end, the right score for the match would have been 0-0
italy tried to do a lot of goals, they attacked a lot but without any result. only one time they risked to do a goal, but they was unlucky because they hit the goalpost from the inner side and the ball took a strange rotation and didn't go inside as it was supposed to happen.
new zealand did only one good action and they was able to do a goal, and that's really embarassing!!!! :guh:
the advantage of new zealand's players is that they are really tall, and even if italy did a lot of corner kicks, italian players weren't able to do anything to hit the ball with the head jumping in the air... what i think is that they made a big mistake using this kind of strategy, you know you're smaller, and you can't persist to throw the ball in the goal area, because you will never be able to contend it to the other team. they kicked at least 10 corner kicks in this way and no one turned into a goal.

Yeah, it doesn't help that Italy isn't playing well. If not for the penalty, Italy would've rightfully *lost* to New Zealand. Can you imagine!?

But yeah, I think it's just that the Italians have a reputation so it's easy to be critical of them when they live up to that reputation. It's nothing personal. I still like Italian food, bands, history, music and women. Just not Italian football. :lol: (I should point out that I'm a fan of the Italian league, because of the political nature of it—at least that's how it was explained to me by a friend. That I enjoy and I selected my team (years ago before I even knew anything about the league) on political grounds.. :lol:)

Maybe it's just that I don't appreciate the "fine craft of football" or "the beautiful game," but what is up with everyone talking about how great that Spain game was? They obviously outclassed Honduras by a mile and that made the game *boring* for me. Sure, they did play well and it was fun to see some of their passing game and footwork, but honestly. It's fun to see a team play really good football if the other team looks like they're kinda keeping up, but it was so obvious that Spain was going to win that game that I just felt like nodding off. And that Portugal v North Korea game, I'm soooo glad I missed it. 7 nil? That's not entertaining at all. That's boring. High scores I like, but I like 4-3, lots of tension high scores, not a pounding.

Yes, im sure that will be a great match....but we need to way until friday :( ...

Wow...France will lose

Why Spain? Flærr dem, bid dem, skiær dem, riv dem!

France is the most shameful team EVER.

Haha why so violent my friend? :p Is skiær "skin"? How about "bid"?
Well I like this Spanish team, I hope they'll play better from now on; they're a good team.

YES!!! It must be embarrassing to lose to a team as SA!!! It was definitely the "affective filter" (Krashen), since they kicked out the guy the team didn't train, and I guess was totally against the coach. Anarchy in the French team!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they did it on purpose, but they weren't a good team to begin with; they got to the cup thanks to Henry's hand.

Haha why so violent my friend? :p Is skiær "skin"? How about "bid"?
Well I like this Spanish team, I hope they'll play better from now on; they're a good team.

YES!!! It must be embarrassing to lose to a team as SA!!! It was definitely the "affective filter" (Krashen), since they kicked out the guy the team didn't train, and I guess was totally against the coach. Anarchy in the French team!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they did it on purpose, but they weren't a good team to begin with; they got to the cup thanks to Henry's hand.

Cortar y atar respectivamente. Yeah, it sounds kinda violent but that's otherwise called passion, you know? hehehe

About the french team, there's an expression here that literally says: What starts bad, ends bad.

Greece and Nigeria are out.

@Novembers: thanx ^^.

Tomorrow's Matches (Go USA):

1. United States vs. Algeria - 23 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
1. Slovenia vs. England - 23 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
2. Australia vs. Serbia - 23 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)
2. Ghana vs. Germany - 23 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)

Now, local time? The USA match will start at 7am.

I have already set my alarm for 6am, and will plan on being at a local pub come kick off time. I'm not some megafan, but I'd like to see this with a crowd. And then I can go to work afterwards :D (Alcohol won't be an issue, I don't drink anyways.). And if we lose, this'll be the last time I'll see the USA in World Cup until the next match.

Go USA.

Tomorrow's Matches (Go USA):

1. United States vs. Algeria - 23 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
1. Slovenia vs. England - 23 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
2. Australia vs. Serbia - 23 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)
2. Ghana vs. Germany - 23 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)

Now, local time? The USA match will start at 7am.

I have already set my alarm for 6am, and will plan on being at a local pub come kick off time. I'm not some megafan, but I'd like to see this with a crowd. And then I can go to work afterwards :D (Alcohol won't be an issue, I don't drink anyways.). And if we lose, this'll be the last time I'll see the USA in World Cup until the next match.

Go USA.

Go Algeria!!! :Smokin:

I need Algeria to lose so that England can move to the next round and, perhaps, show what the team is really capable of.

I also hope Deutschland will win, I'd be depressed if that doesn't happen :( .

Go Algeria!!! :Smokin:

I need Algeria to lose so that England can move to the next round and, perhaps, show what the team is really capable of.

I also hope Deutschland will win, I'd be depressed if that doesn't happen :( .

Go USA. Not that I'd say it out loud, but I don't feel like England has been playing like they *deserve* to be in the next round.