Official "Sports" thread

It makes me happy. I know it makes a lot of people nervous, but if you think about how much better we've gotten and the way that the game is picking up it makes me really happy. Uruguay, for my money, is still the best team in the group. Suarez and Forlan are good, good players who have done remarkably well. Ghana I think the US can beat, but they have tough defense.

Uruguay on the other hand.. yeah. We'll have to see. I know a lot of Americans are getting all stupid about this and hopping on the bandwagon, but anyone who has watched them play will not be so ridiculously illogical as to claim that we have some kind of easy march to the semis.

Oh right, and then the semis happen. And then we're fucking toast.. :lol: Though, cheering for the USA all the way. A good bid may land us the cup again in 2018 or 2022. That would be pretty awesome. Apparently that's why Bill Clinton was there (according to fotbollskanalen.se in any case).

Even if I don't particularly like the U.S. team, they certainly have improved since their lose against CR 2-0 :p .

Wow the Samurai are killing the Vikings, 2-0 in the first half. No idea who to cheer for, but I guess…

日本行きましょうっっっっっ

Tomorrow's matches:

North Korea vs. Côte d’Ivoire - 25 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
Portugal vs. Brazil - 25 Jun 4:00pm (South Africa Time)
Chile vs. Spain - 25 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)
Switzerland vs. Honduras - 25 Jun 8:30pm (South Africa Time)

Portugal vs. Brazil should be awesome, as should Chile vs. Spain. Go Chile.

But now I have an incredible dilemma because the next round is England vs. Germany. Who should I root for, I've no idea. Both :p ?

Opt for Germany of course! :p
Ger vs Eng is a classic! I am really looking forward to it. And I hope there will be penalty kicking in the end :devil:

we are out...

You cannot be world champion every year ;)

It was so epic: When the game was just about to end I was in the yard and suddenly from one side people were screaming "YES!!!" when from the other side some where screaming "NO!!!" :D

Wow the Samurai are killing the Vikings, 2-0 in the first half. No idea who to cheer for, but I guess…

日本行きましょうっっっっっ

Haven't expected Japanese to win but they did it! がんばって!!!

You cannot be world champion every year ;)

It was so epic: When the game was just about to end I was in the yard and suddenly from one side people were screaming "YES!!!" when from the other side some where screaming "NO!!!" :D

yeah i know that!
i haven't hoped that from the beginning, but i hoped that italy would arrive at least a little bit higher than this.
but as i said, italy played very bad and deserved to be kicked out the word cup.
the game itself was really insane. italy didn't do anythig for the 3/4 of the game, and then suddently woke up when it was too late. i stopped to watch the game after slovakia's second goal, but i could hear people outside scream of joy or angry every minute, and was able to understand what was happening.
the thing that is really embarassing for european football is that the two finalists of the last cup (italy and france) have been both kicked out for first. :(

Here on my job, we are almsot ready to see the match with "Empanadas" and "Asado".

C-H-I! :)

Here at work we'll order some pizzas, but I'll have a barbecue (asado) on saturday to celebrate the victory and as a preparation for a gig ;). The Opeth cover band respawned and we'll play tomorrow night.

Here at work we'll order some pizzas, but I'll have a barbecue (asado) on saturday to celebrate the victory and as a preparation for a gig ;). The Opeth cover band respawned and we'll play tomorrow night.

Hmmm… asado… yum.

I just woke up (11:15 here), so I missed the first games today, though I don't care much about those teams.

The last group is a really tough one, Chile will probably pass to the next group, but, who knows, they may be eliminated as with Slovenia. I like España and CH, but Chile is definitely a good team too.

Woah, anybody see what that red card was for? Why wasn't the diving Spanish player shown off? Fuck Spain.

I thought it was because it was the second yellow card for that player, which made it a red card by default.

My coworkers and I were not amused. I talked them all into rooting for Chile.

Woah, anybody see what that red card was for? Why wasn't the diving Spanish player shown off? Fuck Spain.

Yeah it was an unfair one, but he deserved it because the referee didn't give the yellow one to him in a previous play, so he had it coming. It was a card he deserved, but it wasn't exactly in the correct play.

Anyhow, Chile has been playing very lousy. The first goal was simply a pathetic mistake from the goal-keeper, did you see that? :lol: That was horrible haha, but nice goal nonetheless. The second goal was OK, nothing to impressive. Overall, España deserves to win, they've played (at least in this game) much better than Chile.

Kind of funny that Switzerland haven't scored against Honduras (of all teams…), CH just need a goal to move to the next round.

Oh wow Chile just score, this should be an interesting second half.

:lol: yeah. Right now Chile and Spain are moving to the next round, CH need two goals (at least).

Is this still the case? That's what my math tells me.

And this weekend's matches!

Saturday:

1. Uruguay vs. South Korea
2. United States vs. Ghana

Sunday:

3. Germany vs. England
4. Argentina vs. Mexico

I'm getting together with friends to watch the USA/Ghana match at a local pub, go USA.

Chile and España move on the next round, which I guess is fair because CH's game was simply pathetic. Honduras could've won, but they're simply a very lousy team that shouldn't even be in the cup. That says a lot of CH, too. I guess Allfader is happy, despite the keeper's initial mistake :lol: . I guess England's keeper won't feel too bad now, since somebody made a much, much worse mistake than him hahahaha.

Is this still the case? That's what my math tells me.

And tomorrow's matches!

1. Uruguay vs. South Korea
2. United States vs. Ghana

3. Germany vs. England
4. Argentina vs. Mexico

WRONG! England vs Deutschland, and Argentina vs Mexico are on Sunday!

I hope the US loses against Ghana! Go Ghana, go Ghana!

Chile has a tough match against Brazil, if the former don't make any stupid mistakes like today they should be able to win.

España against Portugal should be interesting game, I'm sure España will win, they're much better than Portugal.

WRONG! England vs Deutschland, and Argentina vs Mexico are on Sunday!

I hope the US loses against Ghana! Go Ghana, go Ghana!

Dude, what's your deal? Hoping that USA pulls this one off.

England v. Germany is going to be a good matchup, but I gotta feel bad for Chile, wish they could've pulled out their group and not gotten stuck with Brazil. Yech. :popcorn:

fuck, fuck. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!! What a lousy performance!!! It started well, but that madafaka Bravo did something totally unnecessary!...I've already screamed and said all kind of shit, but we need to focus on the next match v/s BRAZIL. fuck!!!! btw, I'm NOT happy at all.