Official video game thread - what are you playing?!

Since the final bit of DLC was released, I recently restarted on Skyrim, this time playing a character completely outside my wheelhouse -- specifically, a full magic-user. I usually play melee characters or stealthy archers, and use magic little or none of the time. It's extremely hard so far, particularly because I don't have access to the good spells yet. Raising zombies has been my lifesaver so far.

I'm currently playing Saints Row IV and Madden 25 .. I need to finish up Assassin's Creed III before the PS4 gets released, but the impending release of GTA V is going to put a crimp in that plan, I think. :)

World of Tanks - I tend to play this a lot, then almost not at all. It's fun, but it gets annoying at times.
iRacing
Skyrim
Dota2 - I'm just learning. Not sure if I'll keep playing it though.

I just recently finished Far Cry 3 on the PS/3 and The Last Story on the Wii U. I started playing Skyrim, which I've gotten last Christmas from my brother. I also was checking out this copy of Infamous that I forgot I had on my PS/3. That is actually a really cool game. I did start toying around with Just Cause 2, but instead got into Skyrim instead. I also have Ni no Kuni as well as the whole Mass Effect trilogy. Like I am going to have any time to actually finish all these games.

I just recently finished Far Cry 3 on the PS/3 and The Last Story on the Wii U. I started playing Skyrim, which I've gotten last Christmas from my brother. I also was checking out this copy of Infamous that I forgot I had on my PS/3. That is actually a really cool game. I did start toying around with Just Cause 2, but instead got into Skyrim instead. I also have Ni no Kuni as well as the whole Mass Effect trilogy. Like I am going to have any time to actually finish all these games.

I've finished both JC2 and Ni No Kuni this year, and they are both very good games.

BTW, metalheads here should check out Humble Bundle 9, which has Brutal Legend for $1, amongst other good games.

I just finished Wild Arms, which may set a new record for me for playing and finishing 3 JRPGs in a year. (Ni No Kuni and FF9 being the other two.)

I just finished Wild Arms, which may set a new record for me for playing and finishing 3 JRPGs in a year. (Ni No Kuni and FF9 being the other two.)

And speaking of JRPGs, if anybody has a Wii or Wii U, that Xenoblade Chronicles is a friggan INCREDIBLE game and a must! I've finished that earlier this year and it was awesome!

I also have Ni no Kuni as well as the whole Mass Effect trilogy. Like I am going to have any time to actually finish all these games.

I know how you feel.. I didn't pick up Ni no Kuni yet because I know I won't get around to it for ages.. by the time I do, hopefully there'll be some GOTY edition out... or it may show up on PlaystationPlus as a free game. :)

Wild Arms? Mad props! That's one of my favorite JRPG series. I looooove the music. Michiko Naruke is a brilliant composer.

And speaking of JRPGs, if anybody has a Wii or Wii U, that Xenoblade Chronicles is a friggan INCREDIBLE game and a must! I've finished that earlier this year and it was awesome!

It is probably considered the best JRPG of this generation. After playing about 12 hours of it, I can't argue. Too bad Nintendo only did a limited release...

Oh man - you JUST finished FF9? What'd you think? It's my personal favorite FF game.

Just as a note, until I bought my late-model PS2, I mostly avoided consoles. I've been mostly a PC gamer most of my life. For me, FF9 was pretty much a forgotten game that I really didn't know much about. Personally, I think it is technically the pinnacle of PS1's technology. Don't think it would be superior to FF7, but it was pretty good.

I know how you feel.. I didn't pick up Ni no Kuni yet because I know I won't get around to it for ages.. by the time I do, hopefully there'll be some GOTY edition out... or it may show up on PlaystationPlus as a free game. :)

I doubt it. I don't think a niche JRPG will make the list of free games. Hell, it is more likely that FFXIII would be a freebie. Certainly SquareEnix likes to give away all of their games...

Wild Arms? Mad props! That's one of my favorite JRPG series. I looooove the music. Michiko Naruke is a brilliant composer.

I can certainly say that the music was probably the best part of the game. It is pretty good stuff, and I never really tired of it.

Well, currently I'm dividing my time between DOTA2, Civ V, Batman Arkham City, and some of the smaller games, like FTL, Mark of the Ninja and Dungeons of Dredmor. DOTA is intimidating to learn how to play, I think I could be figuring things out for a while.

I'm also messing around with some of the virtual trading cards that steam is doing, so if anyone wants to make a deal and trade some cards 1:1, let me know. My username on steam is jhallum

-jeremy

Well, currently I'm dividing my time between DOTA2, Civ V, Batman Arkham City, and some of the smaller games, like FTL, Mark of the Ninja and Dungeons of Dredmor. DOTA is intimidating to learn how to play, I think I could be figuring things out for a while.

-jeremy

DOTA2 is a bitch to learn. I keep playing the bots and thinking, "Ok. I think I'm getting the hang of this." Then I try again at one level higher difficulty and fail miserably. I can't last hit to save my toon's life. I love the Death Prophet's (my toon of choice) ulti though.

I'm plowing through Assassin's Creed 3 in preparation for 4. Mixing in Civ 5 and Street Fighter for my strategy and fighting game needs.