Official video game thread - what are you playing?!

Yes, but not at the same time. If you exited your Steam client, she could launch hers (same account) and you'd both be able to play that way, but not simultaneously. I bought that bundle the other day, as chance would have it.

Civ V is a veritable time vortex.

Thanks, now to have some free time magically appear out of the ether...

Sitting on the fence about buying the current Humble Bundle Sid Meir pack.... I loved the original Civilization back in the day and could easily get into the newer versions and the price is right. Does anyone know if one Steam account can be used on 2 different machines? I know my wife would enjoy these as well.

I was excited for this until I learned that it didn't include Pirates.

Yes, but not at the same time. If you exited your Steam client, she could launch hers (same account) and you'd both be able to play that way, but not simultaneously. I bought that bundle the other day, as chance would have it.

Civ V is a veritable time vortex.

I pulled the trigger on this and many hours have already been wasted....

Yeah I've had it for less than a week and I've already burnt 12 hours. That game is dangerous, lol.

"I need to take a shower before work. Just a couple more turns til I get this tech tree under my belt."

...two hours later...

You clearly have experience with this game, lol. I did almost exactly that a few nights ago. "I need to go to bed after I set this turn up" at 10:30...at 12:30 "...fucking Byzantine assholes...holy shit I need to go to bed."

You clearly have experience with this game, lol. I did almost exactly that a few nights ago. "I need to go to bed after I set this turn up" at 10:30...at 12:30 "...fucking Byzantine assholes...holy shit I need to go to bed."

I've been playing Civilization (as well as Alpha Centauri) since the Call To Power days. Whenever there's a new release, you won't see much of me for at least a week...

Anyone here checked out the new Strider? It's 15 bucks and it's downloadable everywhere including PC. It's hard to believe that it's possible, but it's the perfect hybrid between Strider for the NES and Strider 2 for the PSX. So much fun.

Anyone here checked out the new Strider? It's 15 bucks and it's downloadable everywhere including PC. It's hard to believe that it's possible, but it's the perfect hybrid between Strider for the NES and Strider 2 for the PSX. So much fun.

Oh, damn. I saw it on Steam and I was very interested, but I hadn't acted on it yet. If it's as good as you say though...I might have to change that.

I also started playing Loadout, which is hilarious. It's sorta somewhere between TF2 and UT, and goofy as hell. Loving it so far, even though I'm seriously FPS rusty.

Damn, I completely for got about Strider. May have to check it out.

Anybody got Stick of Truth? I absolutely love it, howlingly funny and the combat system is pretty deep. I'd like a little more challenge though, I'm playing it a second time on hardmode and if anything the combat is easier now that I know all the mechanics and timing. Mages are seriously OP. But I'm still loving it anyway, you'll laugh your ass off at least three times on your first playthrough.