opeth.com update

That's quite a wait. Oh well, I will content myself with listening to hundreds of other bands in the meantime and not buying the cd.

tbh, I was going to buy it but this push back for another 9 months...I really have my doubts if i'll care by that time. ...maybe, I don't really have time to keep reminding myself that I need to buy a new DVD 9 months after I've initially thought it would be a nice one to have. hopefully someone will remind me next september.

The dvd will still be good when it comes out. Kinda strange that it will have an old line up, but oh well. Maybe that's why it's taking more time, they're changing Lindgren into Åkesson using the power of this digital age.

Live DVD moved. Nothing to watch now, but it seems next year we got a whole load of Opeth releases!

I still don't get what justifies the existence of the Double CDs. If they had only released the DVD now, than there wouldn't have been any problems at all. Now everything is pushed into 2008. I guess one of those releases will eventually be pushed into 2009. I think it's all about making money. But I can't say anything against it, it's okay to maximize profit. But it sucks for the consumer. Still, I don't buy any live CDs at all, only DVDs. It's the whole experience.

The record labels are dealing with three releases. The RH CD, DVD, and the new album. And there's that remastered release of Still Life coming. So I'm guessing the issue is with spacing these releases far apart enough for maximum profit. That's not what Opeth likes to do, it's what the record labels like to do. And Peaceville would give Roadrunner a wide birth, and vice versa, because they don't want to be competing over the same band. Also, yeah, this is really frustrating. But remember, Still Life remastered!

GOSH, how much can I wait?

I already imagined myself going to the store and buying it in January!!

So they've just announced that the DVD is to be released in September 2008. I can't believe how long it is taking to realease this - 22 months? Come on!!!! It DOES NOT take that long for post production on something like this (unless your name is Steve Vai - 3 years for the Astoria gig!). Everything that's listed as being included would have been filmed long ago.

Lamentations was something like six to eight weeks from shooting to the release of the DVD.

Who is producing (i.e. financing) this?

Is this another of Roadrunner's shenanigans?

What's the betting of a re-release of the Roundhouse CD in some other mix at the same time just to rip some more money from the fans?

Is the Roundhouse DVD going to be Opeth's Chinese Democracy?

True - I missed that thread and should have really added to the end of it

BUT

there is NO INFORMATION there , just a bunch of (quit rightly) disappoionted fans all asking the same question and not getting any answer.

Fact is, the DVD will be cut and mastered and somebody is sitting on it - it would be interesting to find out the reason for this.

Now that the dust has settled...I see it was filmed in HD !!

Does anyone know if a BluRay or HD DVD release will follow ??

Not sure if RoadRunner or whoever handles this shit will fork over the dough for top notch quality.

Oh well. I think we were all awaiting the last bastian of Peter Lindgren before we saw the new incarnation of the Opeth line-up.

I just got Lamentations on DVD for Christmas, and I will still watch it until I am on the other side of the dirt. Whatever the reason for the delay is, oh well.

Mix

Everyone is a bit annoyed yes, but people who say "oh i'm not gonna buy the cd or the dvd now" .. your obviously going to affect opeth's profits from it, not just peaceville.. buy the cd now, because it's damn good and then buy the dvd because it will also be damn good i'm sure! It doesn't suck for the poeple who were lucky enough to be at the show:lol:

Also I don't work for peaceville fyi