Opeth in studio 2007 -discussion

dont take any notice about what mike says, he said the last albums would be total black metal

i think he likes to fuck around with people for a laugh ;)

That's what all bands do to sell their albums. (sorry for using Korn as an example) Korn say oh wow this album is fucking brutal, heaviest ever blah blah... and same with many other bands... just trying to sell the album. M

I read it and I can't remember saying that. I might have said not "as" melodic, because there surely are some melodies in there.
Unless I do email interviews the answers are bound to come out different from what I wanted, so you should never fully believe everything that's said in any interview whatsoever I guess.

Cheers guys!
Mike

So there we go. Don't really wanna know what it's gonna be like too much.

So excited, love the anticipation!!!

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6748010 said:
I read it and I can't remember saying that. I might have said not "as" melodic, because there surely are some melodies in there.
Unless I do email interviews the answers are bound to come out different from what I wanted, so you should never fully believe everything that's said in any interview whatsoever I guess.

Cheers guys!
Mike

Sue the fuckers!

So what do you guys reckon will be the time of release?

Mikael's MySpace Blog said:
it's already my favourite Opeth record

Mikael has good taste, and it's gotten better over the years. If he's saying it's his FAVORITE, then... stop fucking worrying!

Yeah, mike's influences are great. and the way he blends them is really the beauty of the band (any band i guess). I have all the faith in him that this album will kick ass. ITs not even faith, i have every reason to believe its gonna rock.

Sue the fuckers!

Nooo, what Mike needs to is have a micro recorder with him when
he is interviewed so if mis-quoted or slandered he can defend
himself with evidence showing the contrary. :)

A big London politician came into a shop I worked at in the 80's
asking to buy a quantity of micro tapes for this very reason...

Don't ask who, no names...

Steady Mike, some of these slippery media peeps may try sculdugary!!

Thanks for clarifiying a point and giving us your blog up-date's. :)