Opeth is dead

i feel the thread starter has a right to his opinion. but with threads like this that seem to be growing more and more it's turning this forum into complete shit. yeah maybe gr sucked to u, but instead of started a "GR Fails, Opeth Fails" why not create a positive opeth thread about the songs, album, etc. that you love from opeth.

in closing, fuck you for agreeing with opethfan's opinion and feeling like you had to stand up for him. im so fucking sick of people like you and the other's claiming opeth is dead. if they're so dead to you then quit telling us they are, for fucks sake. quit posting on this forum, leave those who still admire opeth even though their style has changed alone, we're anxious for future album's that will inspire us.

I didn't stand up for his opinion...don't care about his opinion...only his right to express it. It was strange how he was attacked. You're hypocrites.

I could care less if they're dead, alive or anywhere in between. I never heard Ghost Reveries and never plan to.

Oh, and fuck you too...for breathing.

Fact is the OP never gave a reason behind his "opinion" and so failed miserably. "I don't change my opinion" like that's something to brag about ffs.... why not just come out and say, "I'm a jackass!"... well, congratulations. :rolleyes: :shakeshead:

lol yet the countless amount of noobs that senselessly worship opeth aren't jackasses at all :rolleyes:

fuck this shit thread. I find it so pathetic when people who finally come around to making posts make shit ones like this. Yes it's his opinion, but he's saying it on a pro-opeth forum.

IMO this retard is just trying to get attention. so fuck off opethfan.

I wasn't aware one of the forum rules was "topics must be pro-all-of-opeth's-album's, if you dislike ghost reveries you have to stfu or leave." It's the opeth discussion board, not the PRO-OPETH board.

That said he's a troll with horrible taste. "Omg opeth is dead cause of ghost reveries even though I like D1 and D2" is a terrible opinion, and then the way he's like I NEVER CHANGE MY OPINION makes it so it's clear he just wanted to piss everyone off instead of inspire discussion.:saint:

EDIT: And Lothlorien is being a fascist fanboy maroon in this topic no offense kthx

I didn't stand up for his opinion...don't care about his opinion...only his right to express it. It was strange how he was attacked. You're hypocrites.

I could care less if they're dead, alive or anywhere in between. I never heard Ghost Reveries and never plan to.

Oh, and fuck you too...for breathing.

So exactly why are you here? If you could care less about Opeth. Why are you on the Opeth forum then? Do you have purpose? If so please do tell.

It seems you don't like Opeth therefore you should definitely
reevaluate your purpose here. And you seem to be a very closed minded person stating that you never plan to give a great album a listen. Why, there is much to be gained from any piece of music if you play guitar(not sure if you do or not but it seems that way).

I also do not agree with the guy who posted here originally. If you think Opeth is dead great carry on. But, don't tell me about it. I happen to love almost all of Opeth's albums. And as stated I think they have only aged like wine getting better as time goes on.

If i am here, it's because i LOVE Opeth Albums from Still life to Damnation.
i just give my opinion, and i'm really disapointed to see that some people are really unable to understand that all is not always black or white ! i LOVE Opeth but not Ghost reverie. I consider that Opeth is dead since this album.
Now, for some people, Try to understand what i say, and use your brain. Maybe i would be easier for you if i would write : EVERY albums of OPETH ARE PERFECT AND DEEP !!!

So exactly why are you here? If you could care less about Opeth. Why are you on the Opeth forum then? Do you have purpose? If so please do tell.

reevaluate your purpose here. And you seem to be a very closed minded person stating that you never plan to give a great album a listen. Why, there is much to be gained from any piece of music if you play guitar(not sure if you do or not but it seems that way).

I also do not agree with the guy who posted here originally. If you think Opeth is dead great carry on. But, don't tell me about it. I happen to love almost all of Opeth's albums. And as stated I think they have only aged like wine getting better as time goes on.

but eventually wine turns to vinegar

I enjoy some of their music, so I thought I'd check in. I'm not sure why it needs an explaination.

Just because you frequent bestiality sites doesn't mean I believe you practice it in your life...maybe it's just a mild interst or curiosity.

I have plans to listen to tons of other great music...whether or not Ghost Reveries is good, great or horrible doesn't mean I have the time to listen to every album anyone may recommend. that's not closed minded...that's just reality...you can't listen to everything....not enough time in multiple lifetimes...duh.

So, if I'm not a fan boy, I can't check this site? Isn't that just ridiculous?

Oh look, I dignified this nonsense with a response after all...my bad.

Samsara, LOCK THIS THREAD ALREADY :(

It's ones like this that are inevitably ruining the forum with constant bashing between forumers. I think it's time for you to finally kick some forum ass.
Btw, I was just talking about the flaming. I couldn't care less about the OP's post. It does seem like it was intended to start a flame war though. Why post a thread like this when you probably know how people will respond?

I enjoy some of their music, so I thought I'd check in. I'm not sure why it needs an explaination.

Just because you frequent bestiality sites doesn't mean I believe you practice it in your life...maybe it's just a mild interst or curiosity.

I have plans to listen to tons of other great music...whether or not Ghost Reveries is good, great or horrible doesn't mean I have the time to listen to every album anyone may recommend. that's not closed minded...that's just reality...you can't listen to everything....not enough time in multiple lifetimes...duh.

People don't go on a bands forum unless they have an extreme interest in the band for the most part. Which in your case seems you do not. So basically you are here to lay down forum bombs and make yourself look intelligent. Which seems to be a very common thing in forums these days.

use your brain.

Why don't you take some of your own advice? This is a DISCUSSION forum. WTF good is it to post a statement of your opinion and not explain how or why you came to that opinion beyond, "I don't like GR".... and then when asked "Why do you feel that way?" say, "I don't change my opinion! I can think what I want!" Who the hell said you can't feel that way? Forgive us for mistaking your "press release" as TOPIC FOR DISCUSSION ON A DISCUSSION FORUM....... FOR DISCUSSION OF OPINIONS. :Smug:

Even the best babysitters eventually need to go lock themselves in the bathroom and scream for a minute or 2 and then come back out and get back to business. I think I'm ready to come out of the bathroom now.

We're still waiting for you to get back to business.

Do us all a favor, get off your soapbox and get the fuck out of here. Troll.