Opeth to support Lamb of God on select Gigantour off-dates.

^I don't like to spend my time flaming, I much rather make stupid and unnecessary but sometimes funny comments.
Anyways, LOG is a good entertaining band, but their music is only satisfying to a certain level. Comparing LOG to Opeth is like comparing a regular pint of beer to a fine red wine at its prime. You know what to expect with a regular pint, there won't be any surprises, it will be enjoyable, but after a while you will probably want something else (unless your only goal is to get drunk, comparable to venting agression to music, moshing, headbanging etc...). A fine wine can really surprise you, you can taste all the subtle nuances, there are much more different aspects to the basic taste, it is more complex than a regular pint, there's also the smell, the aftertaste, etc... in other words you can appreciate it on more levels than the pint, and for a longer time. And if you let it age for a while, it may even become better (in other words repeated listens make it even better). But obviously, once in a while a pint might be tasty, and there's no need to bash on the pint just because you can drink the fine wine. I'm going to end this here before I make even less sense.

Opethian666 said:
^I don't like to spend my time flaming, I much rather make stupid and unnecessary but sometimes funny comments.
Anyways, LOG is a good entertaining band, but their music is only satisfying to a certain level. Comparing LOG to Opeth is like comparing a regular pint of beer to a fine red wine at its prime. You know what to expect with a regular pint, there won't be any surprises, it will be enjoyable, but after a while you will probably want something else (unless your only goal is to get drunk, comparable to venting agression to music, moshing, headbanging etc...). A fine wine can really surprise you, you can taste all the subtle nuances, there are much more different aspects to the basic taste, it is more complex than a regular pint, there's also the smell, the aftertaste, etc... in other words you can appreciate it on more levels than the pint, and for a longer time. And if you let it age for a while, it may even become better (in other words repeated listens make it even better). But obviously, once in a while a pint might be tasty, and there's no need to bash on the pint just because you can drink the fine wine. I'm going to end this here before I make even less sense.

I so agree with this post. They are two entirely different entities.

And I drink Jaeger. It does the job everytime. Once you have tried it, you know why it is called the black cabernet. Straight, chilled, and mulitple shots. After the fifth one, a cranberry chaser is allowed. Not for the meek.

Lamb of God knows how to deliver a fucking killer show and they give me goosebumps every time i see them. Opeth definitely have more song structure skills as well as pure emotion, but Lamb of God definitely has their own notabilities as well. They certainly didnt sell out to attain their status. They just happen to be around at the right time and are doing great playing the music they love.

martyrs_price said:
Lamb of God knows how to deliver a fucking killer show and they give me goosebumps every time i see them. Opeth definitely have more song structure skills as well as pure emotion, but Lamb of God definitely has their own notabilities as well. They certainly didnt sell out to attain their status. They just happen to be around at the right time and are doing great playing the music they love.

The more I listen to Sacrament, the better it gets. The production is outstanding, and the hooks are fantastic.

RidetheSpiral said:
LoG are ok at times but thet are pretty bland, and Opeth SUPPORTING LoG? Wtf hasnt Opeth been around longer anyway jeez.

OPETH is not supporting Lamb of God.

11th - Tucson, Rialto Theatre - AZ - OPETH co-headline with Lamb of God + Sanctity

co-headline:)

hay any of yo uever even seen lamb of god live
the kicked slayers ass
and they kicked slipknots ass
i promis yo uits gunna be sic :puke:
i think that indeed lamb of god will set the record straight

^ Holy furking quadraspam :erk:

Oh, btw. I actually gave them a chance by listening to Sacrament. The riffs were boring and generic, and the vocals were awful as usual. I didn't listen to the whole album because it was that bad. Oh well, i'm not surprised. That is all.