Opeth Tribute Album

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Does anyone know any Opeth songs that don't involve an acoustic guitar? (a heavy song) because my brother doesn't like to play acoustics. He will if he has to, but otherwise rather would not. I don't have the equipment to record with my acoustic, so it's either I MAKE him do it (mwahahahaha) or I find a way to make mine work. I really am considering of doing this and I want to do it soon.

Master's Apprentices?

TGC is the only song I can think of with no acoustics in it's ORIGINAL form, but just because they do something acoustic doesn't necessarily mean YOU have to on a tribute record. If there was gonna be a tribut, I'd really love to see you guys get CREATIVE!!! Do something different. If you just do it exactly the same way they do it, it will be like listening to Opeth, but less good. if this gets done, we want it to be good enough to actually IMPRESS the guys!

P.S. i would LOVE to be involved, but I'm neither good or talented enough. I mean, all i could really do would be keys or clean vox, and I have no band to do the rest, or a way of recording it. But I think it's an awesome idea. i wish I was better.... :cry:

Well, Vampyrouss are going to record a song as soon as possible, if other people on here actually do it as well then great, but if not we're still going to use it for something anyway.

Look forwards to hearing everyone elses versions too!

Godhead's Lament said:
Master's Apprentices?

My thoughts exactly. That one shouldn't be to hard especially if your brother is as good as you say... if I can play it Im sure he can. Anyhow, Im looking for a place to record, but am so far having no luck. For the record, does Mike condone this, or are we doing something the band is going to be upset about.

Forest-of-October said:
My thoughts exactly. That one shouldn't be to hard especially if your brother is as good as you say... if I can play it Im sure he can. Anyhow, Im looking for a place to record, but am so far having no luck. For the record, does Mike condone this, or are we doing something the band is going to be upset about.

Well as long as no one tries to sell it I don't think there should be a problem!

We are definatly covering Harvest, so I guess thats 2 songs decided on almsost?

For sure. Didnt he also do a cover of the Amen Corner with another member of this forum? Also, Vampyrouss, if you're covering Harvest on piano? Man, thats gonna be awesome! :D

I'm not sure, but think it was Mr.Niel who did a pretty cool cover of Advent (it didn't differ much from the original, but it had a few interesting innovations). It would be great if he could contribute to the project.

Liquid Diamonds said:
If there was gonna be a tribut, I'd really love to see you guys get CREATIVE!!! Do something different. If you just do it exactly the same way they do it, it will be like listening to Opeth, but less good.

AGREED!!! that would be sweet. how about replacing some growls with clean vox...and adding guitar parts, or switching them around...oooohhhh. i always think of stuff like that when listening to them. i have beautiful clean vox in mind for the beginning of april ethereal.

i'm in...uhhh...what do i do? i have a recording program (acid pro 3.0) but, i have a hard time converting files...and i have no idea how to send them. i really don't know shit about computers...could someone help me?

ok guys, I was going to do a joint venture in covering an Opeth song a few months ago and had done all the drum tracks. But now it looks like I can actually do something with this.

I'm going to do the Leper Affinity. All i need is someone to do death vocals (and maybe clean, i can do cleans ok). But im doing guitars and bass. Any takers for the vocals?

EveOfDarkness said:
ok guys, I was going to do a joint venture in covering an Opeth song a few months ago and had done all the drum tracks. But now it looks like I can actually do something with this.

I'm going to do the Leper Affinity. All i need is someone to do death vocals (and maybe clean, i can do cleans ok). But im doing guitars and bass. Any takers for the vocals?
ME

EDIT: shoot, I forgot. My mic sucks. You don't mind waiting, do you? I can do death, maybe clean.

lets get this ball rolling...someone that is responsible, has good mixing programs/equipment, and is good at guitar should organize this and be in charge of production...mixing at least. hmmmmm....moonlapse?