Opeth Tribute Album

^ I can't think of a name, but I think we should do songs off each album, so until someone can think of a song list we agree on, I don't think there should be a name yet. Oh yeah, I would also like to do the death vocs for anyone who doesn't possess the force!

Ok, so one song of each album? Make a poll or something to decide this?
Looks like When is the favourite off MAYH, Harvest or Drapery off BWP, Master's Apprentices off Deliverance. Others?

I like your cover. We're working on Harvest now, should have it done within a week or 2 depending... looking forwards to everyone elses!

Yep! All by yourself or with others?

And anyone else claim any other songs besides Requiem, Harvest and Master's Apprentices?

vampyrouss said:

And anyone else claim any other songs besides Requiem, Harvest and Master's Apprentices?
I just realized something... me and my brother are working on it, but we don't have a drummer! I suppose my brother could get the drummer for his band to do it, I mean, they DID record an official album (he himself says it wasn't that good so don't bother), so something will be worked out! I am really eager to do this, so sorry if I'm sounding repetitititive or just simply annoying. Maybe someone has a drum set like Martin's? I could send the semi-finished product via internet then.

I know, its good to be that way though, because at least we may get it done this time around being so up for it! We have started recording already. We aren't having conventional drums in our cover, so thats not a problem for us!

Okay, if anyone is interested in doing vocals, I've just made a Face Of Melinda cover. It needs a little more work but should be awesome. Anyone interested?

Awesome, it's a very weird interpretation though, you might not like it. It's piano and some obscure synth. But yeah see what you think. I'll upload it somewhere soon.

I say we should do at least one track and have various forumites contribute, and have someone who is able to mix it, mix it.

Yoda said:
Ok, so one song of each album? Make a poll or something to decide this?
Looks like When is the favourite off MAYH, Harvest or Drapery off BWP, Master's Apprentices off Deliverance. Others?

WTF are you on.

We did polls on this.

Deliverance on Deliverance
Godheads on Still Life
When on MAYH
TLP on BWP

etc etc.

Harvest blows (no offense Mike).

vampyrouss said:

I can do the guitars for Bleak or The Drapery Falls with live edit solo, Deliverance or, (if someone wants to contribute with vocals to this one) Ghost Of Perdition. I'd love to do GoP.

I can do the growls, but my clean vocals suck, so I wont even attempt:cry:

Tracks so far:

1. Harvest
2. Requiem
3. Master's Apprentice's

We need more takers.

I'm working on some shit at the moment, still not sure what track I'm going to use.

I can do the bassline for Deliverance (I've actually got it recorded somewhere in coordination with the guitarpro file at mysongbook, dunno how much the GP differs from the record in terms of time) if you decide to do that. I like getting creative with little slide fills and stuff, since I use my fretless for mostly everything.

The bass wouldn't be EQ'd though. I go directly from my bass to the line-in on my soundcard, I don't use my amp since it distorts (although I haven't tried it with a very low volume)

I only know that and one or two songs off Damnation, for Opeth. (To Rid the Disease, and In My Time of Need..I'd have to relearn parts though because I haven't played them in ages)