Opeth Tribute Album

So far this is what we have, excuse me if I miss any of you off the list, just remind me and I'll add to the ones that are done ok?

Leper Affinity
Ghost Of Perdition
Deliverance (or another song right?)
Master's Apprentice's
Requiem
Benighted
Harvest
In Mist She Was Standing
(or another song if they don't want to use that, though I think most of us agree that they SHOULD use this one! :worship: )

Like I said, sorry if I missed any out!

I hope people will still let me cover Master's Apprentice's... it might take even up till August or later to do it. First, I need a license. Then a job. Only then will I get the equipment I need! (but by incredible luck it might be done far earlier by going to my brother's house)

heh, yeah, quicker would be nice! But if it takes a year or 2, whatever, as long as we actually get it done in the end!

Aelinos said:
Recorded this around this time last year. http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=655527&t=6440
For this I just used the drums on the guitar pro tab.

I have a much better drum program now and can just program drums straight from the songs I cover. This Woods of Ypres cover is an example of the drum sound I can get. http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=699548&t=6440

I'll be able to do basically any Opeth song. Any suggestions?

Great stuff man. Heh, after looking at the Acid site, I saw Aelinos and remember "To Valhalla." I checked it out almost a year ago. Great song!

I've been playing guitar for a few years, and can do pretty good clean vox and am learning how to growl...

I will record A Fair Judgment sometime... that's the Opeth song that I play best... solos and all.

By the way, my band/project is called Roboreus.

I can probably do the vocals for my GoP cover, which I'm working on, but I suck at clean because in the first acoustic part, he hits such a high note that my voice cracks...lol. I can almost do the growls. I started smoking even so my death growl gets better. How pathetic of me, eh?:erk:

Godhead's Lament said:
I can probably do the vocals for my GoP cover, which I'm working on, but I suck at clean because in the first acoustic part, he hits such a high note that my voice cracks...lol. I can almost do the growls. I started smoking even so my death growl gets better. How pathetic of me, eh?:erk:
Yeah thats pretty fuckin' bad.

naboo said:
Great stuff man. Heh, after looking at the Acid site, I saw Aelinos and remember "To Valhalla." I checked it out almost a year ago. Great song!

:headbang: Thanks man! That's been a damn while!
I'll be revamping the whole thing (better drum/guitar/bass/vocal--everything I suppose--sound) in the next month or two. PM me your email and I'll keep you updated ;)

vampyrouss said:
In Mist She Was Standing (or another song if they don't want to use that, though I think most of us agree that they SHOULD use this one! :worship: )

That's great with me!
I want to do another song as well though (you can include either or both on the tribute). I'm just not sure which song to do.

Is there any song that someone really wants to hear covered?

Aelinos said:
That's great with me!
I want to do another song as well though (you can include either or both on the tribute). I'm just not sure which song to do.

Is there any song that someone really wants to hear covered?

Any of these:

The Twilight Is My Robe
The Night And The Silent Water

We are concentrating a little on our own material right now, but most of Harvest is recorded, but it won't be ready for a week or 2. We're also covering Teardrop by Massive Attack at the same time, so our Keyboardist has a lot to learn right now!

And:

EveOfDarkness said:
Anyways, here is what i have so far, let me know what you all think! thanks

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KYBJ3RPRXTHK3SQKYJR9S02E3

lets keep this thing going guys.

:OMG: :D :worship: :headbang:

EveOfDarkness said:
looks like interest in this tribute album have plummeted. How are you guys coming on your covers? id love to hear them!

Anyways, here is what i have so far, let me know what you all think! thanks

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KYBJ3RPRXTHK3SQKYJR9S02E3

lets keep this thing going guys.
Hey, my friend and I would like to give the vocals a shot, unless you already have someone doing them.