Opeth Tribute Album

vampyrouss said:
Yeah, definatly! Anything to get the Opeth forum members working together on a project dedicated to the band!

If we can get as many people involved as possible then thats great, and the more artwork and design the better, and same for the songs too of course!
I'd probably be more conventional - no photoshopping or computer stuff like Opeth usually have. Just scans of paintings or drawings or whatever.

Not really coming along at all with the cover -Vintersorg- at the moment, but in a couple of weeks hopefully it will be done! I'm going to download the Leper Affinity in a second to listen, but if its as good as the rest of the song was I am sure I'll love it anyway!

And yeah, paintings and stuff would be cool, maybe someone could manipulate with a couple of your works in the opeth style? A team effort on the artwork would be cool too, but sometimes I know it might clash, people wanting different things, but I suppose if we make a mini site for this it can have lots of different versions of stuff, the finished product, alternate interpretations and stuff like that?

Just say shut up when I suggest a bad idea by the way! Or something that makes no sense! :p

I think this is an interesting idea. I'm kinda peeved about responding to such huge threads though because I can never find the place where I was to see what was said....

But yeah, Rainwound is pretty directly influenced by Opeth so those songs are there... I already recorded a cover of In My Time of Need, but I would rather not do that one because my microphone isn't good enough for that kind of clean vocals.... I could do a heavy song like demon of teh fall or something. o_o

Right, just finished uploading some real thin bones for a mini website, its all blank at the moment, and if anyone thinks of anything better thats cool, but start making buttons and backgrounds to make this look Opethy, and if you think there needs to be more or less sections or whatever just say!

And of course it will look nothing like this in the end, just a 5 second job to lay the bones!

http://www.vampyrouss.co.uk/opeth/opethindex.htm

I haven't tested it yet either, so if theres any mistakes in the links and stuff I can easily correct it!

^ thanks for the hardwork man, i like the layout with the mini-site, obviously it needs work lol with logo's etc, but the actual bones of the site is fine. let's all keep this thing rolling, as most of the tracks are turning out to be pretty cool, we can make this thing worthwhile as long as we keep at it!

Hehehe, I think a couple people have said they would give it a go right?

Oh yeah, and as soon as people have bits and pieces for the site just post a link to it here, like photos, art, obviously I have got bits and pieces of the songs I have downloaded already, but once we have the finished MP3's I can upload them too. Requiem is finished already, Any others? There are so many pages it would be hard to remember, uh, Benighted was finished too right?

Well if those guys and any other finished files can be linked again here then I will upload them tonight if its alright with those guys! (Also write who and how you want to be credited next to the link or something too)

Although I realise it will be a bit of a mess until we have everything, because we don't have a tracklisting until we have all the songs, but I'll just put them up as I get them until then in whatever order they are finished.

Oh yeah, and if someone wants to make a good free guestbook for it! Probably a customizable one is best, but theres obviously no rush, just to keep us all going with this!

I got a Zoom multitrack recorder in December and I've been trying to learn and record April Ethereal. If I manage to pull my finger out *pop* I'll try and do guitars for it, but most of you are much more advanced musicians - I'm a bit of a noob really.

I thought you did great man. A little faster you'll have it down.

anyways. I was working on my deliverance cover. I never realised the singing and growling was so hard in this song.haha. i dunno why.. i was having trouble getting parts down. but i did like the first 3 1/2 of it.

here check it out if ud like. http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HGTJXYWDQDHC02KKU7BSB4AA8

ADVERTISEMENT - Clicking will not affect transfer.

vampyrouss said:
Hehehe, I think a couple people have said they would give it a go right?

Oh yeah, and as soon as people have bits and pieces for the site just post a link to it here, like photos, art, obviously I have got bits and pieces of the songs I have downloaded already, but once we have the finished MP3's I can upload them too. Requiem is finished already, Any others? There are so many pages it would be hard to remember, uh, Benighted was finished too right?

Well if those guys and any other finished files can be linked again here then I will upload them tonight if its alright with those guys! (Also write who and how you want to be credited next to the link or something too)

Although I realise it will be a bit of a mess until we have everything, because we don't have a tracklisting until we have all the songs, but I'll just put them up as I get them until then in whatever order they are finished.

Oh yeah, and if someone wants to make a good free guestbook for it! Probably a customizable one is best, but theres obviously no rush, just to keep us all going with this!

you can put the first picture in my sig on your site

maybe you could make a forum dedicated to this? instead of having this clogged up thread

Sure thing! I was thinking of a forum too, but it would probably die quite quickly after a while of everything being done, so I thought guestbook instead, as random people who find the site can comment, but we could always change it to a forum since it would be much easier than finding things in this topic as you said! (Though it has served us well so far!)

DEMIgOD said:
I thought you did great man. A little faster you'll have it down.

anyways. I was working on my deliverance cover. I never realised the singing and growling was so hard in this song.haha. i dunno why.. i was having trouble getting parts down. but i did like the first 3 1/2 of it.

here check it out if ud like. http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HGTJXYWDQDHC02KKU7BSB4AA8

wow man that was great! the music is perfect. However, the vocals are WAYY too loud and the singing ...:erk: (unless you purposely tried not to follow the vocal lines.) that is, your singing voice is great in my opinion, but the vocal lines you were singing didnt go well with the music. Great stuff though i really would like to hear the rest of it. :headbang:

Loved The Leper Affinity vocals except you missed the "Eugh" bit hehe. But yeah great work so far, and I'm listening to Deliverance now.

I agree about the volume thing, but I know how hard it is to get the mix right, but still I like it so far!

I am really enjoying listening to all of the ones that have been put up so far!!
Can't wait to hear all the finished files!

Oh yeah, any suggestions on a good forum site then? We use ForumUp.com for our site, but if anyone can think of a better (free) one to use or wants to set one up go ahead!