Opeth Tribute Album

Liquid Diamonds said:
Can anybody recomend home recording equipment that would be good enough to get a decent sound out of vocals and a piano (a real one, not a keyboard)?
Any advice is much appreciated :)
PS, I have little funding :lol:

What you're asking for is kinda impossible. Unless you have the money to spend, real-miced sources are going to sound crap.

It's not only the fact that the equipment you'll get will be cheap, it's also that the room you'll recording in will most likely be less than adequate.

I'd say stick to simulated piano.. you can get some fantastic sounds these days, even with free plug-ins.

Cool!! Although Blackwater Park does seem to be getting lots of attention!
Which isn't a bad thing since I love the album, but we need some variation too.

Personally, I think that people should only post the master tracks, not the guitars with vocals with drums with bass in one track, because if others want to add bass or drums to those tracks, you'd have to get the master recordings anyway. Just my opinion, of course.

I think I'll record Deliverance today on bass :)....I've gotta record Adam's Song by Blink 182 for a friend today too :(

the deliverance is realy bad \: the vocals very funny..

the harvest its not bad at all!
only that there's too much echo

Black Rose Immortal would be a good song for like everybody to add something too! Or something...

Yeah Benighted is finished...

I hadn't listened to it for awhile, just listened to it again then...it actually sounds pretty awesome, we did a great job Eve!

LMAO I just signed up and have made 5 posts already.

Seriously people. Go over there! Off-topic chat pwns. Oh, and this entire thread can be remade over there. Don't worry though, that by no means, means that I will leave this forum, only a n00b would do that.

- the Somewhat Fat Guitarist

Yes, the people involved with the songs and art should definatly sign up! and anyone else who wants to just chat off topic without disturbing the peace here too, but of course we'll always have this thread to keep everyone here up to date.

Jeez, who doesn't want to be a moderator? It's been my dream... anyway I'm mod of that forum but it'd be cool if I was mod for this one. :) Anyway, that wouldn't happen. I know Moonlapse (among the other 2) are perfectly capable of handling it.

BTW, I posted a message very similar to this on the off-topic thread poll.

- the Somewhat Fat Guitarist

hahaha, fade2black asked that too, and Tubbs obviously. I don't mind really, or if someone wants to take over the opethtributealbum account. I hate the power, but it would be silly to have everyone as mods right?

Its up to you guys, I don't want to be in the position to choose!

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I think it should just be me and maybe 2 others at most.

So 1 more mod makes 3, just like here! Like that forum'll need that many anyway.

- the Somewhat Undecided Fat Guitarist

*raises hand*