Opinions on these bands...

InfantChaos

Enemy Of Satan
Nov 6, 2007
your local deli!
these are some of the bands that i like, but im not really sure if they are liked by the general metal community.

they are:
1. Machine Head
2. The Devil Wears Prada
3. In Flames
4. Lamb Of God
5. I Killed The Prom Queen
6. Arch Enemy

Yeah they are the bands that im not sure of in the metal community.

opinions?

1. First two albums are good
2. Saw them live never knowing who they were and they were alright and I guess good for the style
3. Older albums are classic melodic metal.
4. First album is good
5. Never heard them
6. Do not care for them

I fucking hate Machine Head & what I've of In Flames. Lamb of God is somewhat tolerable but they bore me after 3 songs. I've never heard band's 2 & 5 (should I have...?). I like Arch Enemy. I never thought very highly of them, but their new album has sparked my interest in them again. They were always hit or miss prior. Black Earth was pretty good.

I also have a feeling that there are people here who hate every single band on that list... I Killed the Prom Queen sounds like a fucking Emo faggot band name, but they could be Progressive Technical Thrashened Black Doom Metal & I wouldn't know. No wait, that's impossible. I Killed the Prom Queen... :zombie:

old in flames is good, i like come clarity as well...i really like arch enemy's 'anthems of rebellion' besides those 2 bands the rest are a waste of time imo

What you should really be doing is asking for recommendations if you are after great metal. The opinions of others matter not at all, yet you want to be sure that you know of what is out there so that you can make an educated choice. 98% of accessible stuff is crap.

My point is that by listening to great metal, you will not need to ask what is good; you will know.

That said, most of what you probably have heard by those bands is shit. If you like In Flames, check out Lunar Strain and Subterranean.

You've come to the wrong place if you want to talk about these bands, this place is becoming like the metal-archives forum. Full of single minded morons... but anyway on i go.

Machine Head - First album and latest album are decent. Rest is pretty terrible.

Devil Wears Prada - haven't heard.

In Flames - my personal favourite band. Everything between and including Subterranean and Clayman are melodic death metal classics. Lunar Strain and everything after ranges from terrible to average.

Lamb of God - All albums are pretty bad, vocalist is horrible.

I Killed the Prom Queen - Hardcore / Metalcore band. Typical metalcore melodies with pretty typical hardcore vocals, and loads of breakdowns. If you like the genre, i guess it's your cup of tea.

Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges is a masterpiece. Everything before is alright, Wages of Sin is average, Anthems of Rebellion and Doomsday Machine are below average and their newest album is average. Angela isn't the greatest vocalist, kind of boring.

In Flames is awesome
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes is average and The Blackening is great
Lamb of God - Starting to bore me now
Arch Enemy - Great

Everything else is probably crap.

1. Some of their stuff is decent
2. Never heard of them
3. Their old stuff is awesome
4. Their good.
5. don't care for them
6. This band is good too

You've come to the wrong place if you want to talk about these bands, this place is becoming like the metal-archives forum. Full of single minded morons... but anyway on i go.

who are you? i will tell you. you are nobody.

incidentally the metal archives board was way better back when people with taste mercilessly tore apart those without

also incidentally all those bands suck