Which of these deserve the constant criticism that's thrown at them?

Mudvayne are quite good. More people should try them out or listen to another song by them besides "Dig" (their worst song, hands down) before they make judgment on them.

Slipknot's Iowa is a decent record. They have talent, they just aren't showing as much as they could be. The lyrics are for the most part terrible, but that doesn't really bother me. I pretty much focus on the music.

soad and mudvayne are very talented and are great bands.

as for disturbed, they show some good talent on the new album. some intricate riffs. more involved and "notey" than the first album

the rest of that list blows
~gR~

i think thats what people fail to notice about slipknot, they're actually a quite talented band but their music just blows and the talent is wasted, and IMO many of the nu-metal bands are actually pretty talented but the music they play wastes that talent

SOAD are absolutely fucking ace, i wouldnt even class them as nu-metal. more...politically-metal

Slipknot deserve every word said against them, absolute fucking bollocks

Mudvayne- HILARIOUSLY bad, when i saw the video to 'dig' i nearly fell off my chair laughing

Korn- not actually that bad a band, i just dont like them

Linkin park- all their music has been edited so much with protools that if they could actually recreate it live then they would have a lot of talent. unfortunatly, they cant, so theyre also bollocks.
music isnt very good either, but then, i really loathe rap music

SOAD - they kick ass

Slipknot - too many many members, same riffs through out, boring (actually enjoyed a song by them though)

Mudvayne - not much to say haven't heard much

Disturbed - biggest pile of shit ever to make fucking records, the singer is a huge dipshit that tries to pass his "music" along as the heaviest shit this side of my ass. His voice is so fucking pathetic he needs his vocal chords cut out. The guitarist can only ride the top string and play a few A. harmonics over and over and over, talentless, totally boring, unoriginal, worthless, waste of space fucking band ever to even call themselves metal. (and they did) If I could castrate them all, I would and then I'd make them eat thier own fucking feces.

Linkin Park - see above but add crappy boy band singing and more talent than Disturbeds musicians (yes more talent)

*edit*
Korn - fuck them too ZzzzZzZZzz

None_So_Vile said:
i think thats what people fail to notice about slipknot, they're actually a quite talented band but their music just blows and the talent is wasted, and IMO many of the nu-metal bands are actually pretty talented but the music they play wastes that talent

If their music is shit, they aren't talented. The most technically proficient band in the world has no talent without compositional skills.

System of a Down - definitely the best of the list

Mudvayne - theyre decent, not something i listen to very much, but they have some cool songs

Slipknot - too many goddamn members. wasted talent and only a couple of semidecent songs. the rest are godawful annoying.

Korn - i liked them at first but slowly moved away. fieldy has the worst bass tone ive ever heard in my entire life

Disturbed - i like them

Linkin Park - hybrid theory was a decent record. that coming from my nonmetal musical tastes. the new one sucks.

yea hybrid theory was decent. i cant stand to listen to it anymore. but it had its time.

i can listen to nu metal no problem. well some of it. its all good. the only lame part is all these kids that thing that this is the hardest most greatest shit ever. i went to a small party once. and some numbnut thought system of a down was the best fucking band alive. another case of corporate commercial spoon feeding

Linkin Park would be better if they had a little variation instead of "Rap verse, Screamy Sing Chours with a little rap, Rap verse, Screamy sing chours, scream bridge, then another chours"
I'm aware I can't spell chours. :cry:

FailingAcension said:
Linkin Park would be better if they had a little variation instead of "Rap verse, Screamy Sing Chours with a little rap, Rap verse, Screamy sing chours, scream bridge, then another chours"
I'm aware I can't spell chours. :cry:

They'd also be a lot better if they didn't use Pro-Tools...

We shuld Add Evanescence to that list...

SOAD: A good band i think, not the standard shity nu-metal we are all used to listen. Since the end of Rage Against the machine, thats one of the "hopes" for <<against the law>> music. 8/10

Mudvayne: i've liked all of the singles soo far... ¿?/10

Slipknot: It used to be my favorite band, back in those days when i tought metallica was a tr00 heavy metal band. Now that i know a little bit more about REAL metal, i've come to realize how shity they are. 6/10

Korn: An original band i think, since they kind of started the all "nu-metal" thing. The last two albums blow mayor stallion cock... the other ones are ok. 6/10

Disturbed: ehhh... shit comes in cd chape!!! 2/10

Linkin Park: Catchy tunes, but still shit. I bought their 2 albums, 1.5 bucks each. Of course its piracy. Catchy... 6/10

EVANESCENCE: I like it a lot, it sounds like Linkin Park but its only one song, the album sounds like lacuna coil, wich its ok since i like Lacuna Coil.