Opinions on these bands...

Agalloch is the best. I am lost in the hallways of enchanted ebony. Celebrating the death of man, ....And the Great cold death of the earth. This old cabin, that lies between the valleys of stone wind, and pillar. The haunting birds cry, as embers dress the sky. The wilderness awakes, the melancholy spirit has arrived. A vivid green, the glow of the nectar of the spirit. Drown the sorrow, for you were but a ghost in my arms. I am the wooden doors, I am the one that paints fire across the skyline. Kneel to the cross, for the dead winter days loom again.

1. Machine Head - I remember liking some of their older stuff YEARS ago but becoming less and less impressed as I got older and with their newer stuff... blegh.

2. The Devil Wears Prada What?!? Isn't that the name of a book/movie? This is seriously a name of a band? ah-ha ha ha ha.

3. In Flames Haven't listened to them in years, but their first couple of albums are OK.

4. Lamb Of God They stink... and yes, I did give their albums a concentrated effort to actually see if I like them... not impressed with them live, either. Seriously, the only band I've ever walked out on seeing live... they were that bad.

5. I Killed The Prom Queen Never heard of them. I can't decide whether "I killed the prom queen" or "the devil wears prada" is a better name... let's call it a draw. It is sad, because I am not even a music snob... but the name alone turns me off from even being remotely interested in giving them a listen.

6. Arch Enemy Great musicians, but have always lacked on the vocals. Gossow is a better vocalist, but I still think they're lacking in that department. Wages of Sin was a solid album.

I don't know what you were looking for in seeking out opinions on these bands... but just listen to what you want to listen to regardless of what anyone else thinks of them.

1. Machine Head - like a few albums
2. The Devil Wears Prada - lame as fuck
3. In Flames - older stuff is excellent, newer not so much
4. Lamb Of God - good band, i dont like their fanbase
5. I Killed The Prom Queen - N/A
6. Arch Enemy - very good band but never got too into them

Lamb of God... found them mundane at first but I've eventually come to find them pretty nice, safe, and enjoyable, like Nick @ Nite or Cheez-Its.

Arch Enemy... not very familiar with them but when I watched Heabanger's Ball a month ago they were one of the few bands on there that weren't screamo, and they were probably the video I enjoyed the least! :p

The Devil Wears Prada... not a fan of their ideology, but I like the name.

Agalloch is the best.

You really pulled that out of your ass :loco:

Just because someone likes 1 or 2 of those bands doesn't mean they have bad taste, but if they're among their favorite bands they need some help with their music collection.

& Angela was a way better singer than Johan Liiva. She's no more boring than 99% of Death/Black Metal vocalists, which a lot of times sound similar to other's even when they're good. Anyways, she has some color in her voice.

I Killed The Prom Queen is an odd name for an Aussie band. We don't have Proms or Prom queens here. They should have called themselves I Killed That Saucy Sheila At The Year 11 Formal.

Machine Head -burn my eyes is probably worth checking out if you just are getting into metal music and not familiar with anything.

Agalloch is the best. I am lost in the hallways of enchanted ebony. Celebrating the death of man, ....And the Great cold death of the earth. This old cabin, that lies between the valleys of stone wind, and pillar. The haunting birds cry, as embers dress the sky. The wilderness awakes, the melancholy spirit has arrived. A vivid green, the glow of the nectar of the spirit. Drown the sorrow, for you were but a ghost in my arms. I am the wooden doors, I am the one that paints fire across the skyline. Kneel to the cross, for the dead winter days loom again.

I like this, and I have always loved your sig pic.

I've never heard Agalloch.

:headbang:

Agree with Silent Scream. Listen to music you like, not what other people like. You won't get anything out of listening to music heralded by people purporting to have 'taste'

Good call, mostly. I am a big proponent of liking what you like. But you can usually always discover some new music by considering other peoples' suggestions. From there you should evaluate based on how you feel about it, and not the opinions of others.

Good call, mostly. I am a big proponent of liking what you like. But you can usually always discover some new music by considering other peoples' suggestions. From there you should evaluate based on how you feel about it, and not the opinions of others.
That's the way people usually discover bands, by getting recommendations from others with similar musical interests. There's no point in listening to obscure stuff no one else has heard, if all you're trying to show is how individulistic you are. The other extreme-robotic consciouusness or the herd mentality regarding certain bands is also retarded. One should only praise the bands in whose music he's found something special and personal to him.

1. Machine Head - Burn My Eyes is a masterpiece, don't give a shit what anyone says. The More Things Change is also good and The Blackening is great.
2. The Devil Wears Prada ?
3. In Flames - Jester Race is phenomenal
4. Lamb Of God - All their albums are pummelling.
5. I Killed The Prom Queen? Sounds like another emo band who caters to kids like.. "I'm going to pretend to cut myself while driving around in daddy's Mercedes music".
6. Arch Enemy - Good band

1. Machine Head
Mediocre
2. The Devil Wears Prada
Crap
3. In Flames
Last three albums are crap, before that fucking godlike
4. Lamb Of God
Mediocre
5. I Killed The Prom Queen
Crap
6. Arch Enemy
Ranges from solid to pretty damn good

Check out Dark Tranquility, The Faceless, At The Gates, Shadows Fall, Soilwork, and Kataklysm