original bands...

Rosa Negra Imortal

love never dies
Jun 13, 2002
Jardim da Saudade
Visit site
We all know that the metal scene a full of bands that are similar to each other, but it's cool when you find ones that are trying to do something different like Opeth, Maudlin of the Well, Karaboudjan and so on. So, I would like your help to find bands that are following this way, original bands...I don't care for long lists : o )
Thanks!

I'd reccomend either of the last two Enslaved albums, Monumension and Mardraum. They are both different from anything I've heard. They are like mix psychedeilic-influenced black metal band with viking-ish elements. These two albums in particular use a variety of guitar tones and effects and create many weird atmospheric riffs and segments that take you all over the place. One minute you find yourself headbanging like crazy, the next your listening to dark trippy clean or acoustic guitar sections. All in all, either album is quite an experience and will take time to catch onto. Check out "Storre En Tid, Tyngre en Natt" or Vision: Sphere of the Elements for a good idea of what the albums are about.

Originally posted by Rosa Negra Imortal
Anything else?
Thanks for the sugestion guys...i'm searching them in audiogalaxy.
If you would like to meet any brazilian band instead of sepultura, angra, krisiun you're welcome.

Give us names! I've grown tired of Sepultura after arise, and never got into any other brazilian bands. Wait, is Tuatha De Danaan Brazilian? If som then I do like one band form there!

Yes, Tuatha is from here...
Well, I know many other bands, but they're not heavy stuff and they sing in portuguese, do you mind?
Thy these ones ( band name - song name):

barao vermelho - o poeta esta vivo
charlie brown jr - zoio de lula
lobao - vida louca vida
capital inicial - todos os lados

They're all avaiable at audiogalaxy...
Enjoy!

Dan Swano - Moontower, psychadelic progressive death metal with really cool keyboards, 70's style!

Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness, pink-floydish, spiritual artsy farsty doomish metal, very cool

Amorphis - Tale From 1000 Lakes - Your typical death metal but with really cool spacey keyboards, check out their new stuff too, much softer but more trippy!

I think Diabolical Masquerade is pretty original.

Get "Nightworks" if you want some melodic horror metal, or his latest, "Death's Design", it's ... uncannily good.

IN THE WOODS... : Their folk/black metal albums ("HEart of the Ages") were already very original, but their latest (and last, sadly) "Strange in Stereo" and above all, 7" collection "Three Times Seven in Pilgrimage" are superior... Well, ALL ItW... albums are great!
MADDER MORTEM: I've only heard "All Flesh is Grass", but that's enough. If you have got tired of all these angel-like female vocals, try this!
SOPOR AETURNUS & ENSEMBLE OF SHADOWS: The best medieval band... Beautiful but VERY twisted and scary music with one of the most original vocals on this Earth (and below...)
CURRENT ´93: Truly original... There is nothing like this band...

Check out "CARCARIASS" this a technical death metal band from France. These guys are actually good and have a good sound. AS you probably already know, there is a lot of tech metal bands that could be quite boring and annoying at times, these guys are actually interesting to listen to and many of you here will probably find them appealing.

So go ahead and give them a try, its well worth it!

I will provide two linkd for you to download there music:

www.carcariass.org/samp.html

http://www.enet.ru/kn/charon/mp3/ On this link make sure to scroll down! there is a lot of mp3's on this page, but to find carcariass you'll have to scroll the page downward. The song they provide on this site is great by the way!

EDIT:make sure to check out the song on the second link just above!