OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

- Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE sent Ron Simmons to rehab after he was apparently in bad shape backstage at the 12/29 Raw taping in Greensboro, NC.

Sean Waltman is in a rehab facility in Texas. Kevin Nash flew to Texas a few weeks back to check him in for both psychiatric care and rehab. Nash reportedly contacted Triple H to get the wheels in motion for WWE to pay for his rehab. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Nash was also instrumental in getting Scott Hall to agree to rehab.

The Observer also reports that girlfriend (an ex-WWF diva) Alicia Webb discovered Waltman, in his Mexico City apartment, barely alive after allegedly attempting to hang himself, in a manner similiar to Chris Benoit's suicide. When she found him, he was purple and had broken blood vessels in his eye and face. Waltman has denied this report, and claims he had a bad reaction from mixing alcohol and antidepressants.

The father of Webb's children, once he got word of the story, went on MySpace and asked for help bringing his children back from Mexico. Webb is said to be paranoid about going on the road with AAA fearing someone might take her kids.

Note to webmasters/reporters: If reproducing news from this website, please include a hyperlink to www.gerweck.net

Looks like there may have been some truth to the story after all.

What I find sad is that when he was younger, he had a promising career, but he let "distractions" get in the way. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes a come back.

What I find sad is that when he was younger, he had a promising career, but he let "distractions" get in the way. I hope he gets the help he needs and makes a come back.

You've probably herd this before. Catch about 1:50 in.

Funny how those "shoot promos" really were shoots.

Last edited by a moderator:

i doubt a big comeback. he's close to 40 now. he had a pretty big career as the 123 kid and then as x pac so no clue why you said a "promising career". he had a pretty good run for a decade

i doubt a big comeback. he's close to 40 now. he had a pretty big career as the 123 kid and then as x pac so no clue why you said a "promising career". he had a pretty good run for a decade

I said promising because it didn't have to end when it did. As popular as he became, he never got as big as I thought he should have. He wasn't even close to 40 when his career crash landed.

He still has time to come back and make some money. 40 isn't really all that old.

I said promising because it didn't have to end when it did. As popular as he became, he never got as big as I thought he should have. He wasn't even close to 40 when his career crash landed.

He still has time to come back and make some money. 40 isn't really all that old.

there are very few wrestlers over 40 who i see still put on good matches. hbk,undertaker, jerry lynn, booker t, ric flair( about 10 years ago), sting (when he wrestles someone good) and the few matches bret hart had when he was over 40. most 40 year old wretlers just go through the motions

Former New Japan wrestler Justin McCulley claimed on Inside MMA that he has been contacted about fighting Brock Lesnar at UFC's London, England show on 6/14. UFC has yet to confirm this, but I do know that they have talked about Lesnar's next fight being in London prior to his UFC debut. In New Japan, McCulley is a former tag team partner of Chyna.

- Chris Sabin has been catching alot of heat as of late for things that Alex Shelley has been doing. Sabin is known to go with the flow and do what he is told but Shelley likes to rock the boat and will speak out when he wants. We previously reported that Sabin and Shelley have heat for refusing to do a blade job. Well this is sort of true. Shelley was the one who refused to blade as he has never bladed before and claims he never will. Sabin was willing to do it but when Shelley said no they decided to just have Lethal do it.

WWE's paying Mayweather 20 million dollars to appear at Wrestlemania. I don't see how it's worth that much, but I guess they have recieved some publicity so, maybe it is.

Personally, I hope Show shoots and breaks Mayweather's nose and pins him in less than a minute, but we all know what happens whenever WWE hires a celebrity for Wrestlemania. The celebrity recieves a huge payday, goes over an established talent, and makes WWE look weaker than it already does.

Flair vs. Michaels should be another classic from them. Most likely Flairs last match.

- There is talk of Umaga facing Batista in the Raw vs. Smackdown general manager's challenge at Wrestlemania XXIV, although nothing has been officially announced.

- Funny story from the Wrestling Observer Live show over the weekend. Lance Storm, who recently had both of his knees worked on, text messaged Edge afterwards. Edge had noted that Storm and Christian Cage are the two friends that never had surgery. Storm replied by saying that injuries don't even like Christian.

- Paul Heyman stated in an interview with The Sun that he has no interest in working for TNA. Apparently TNA has expressed no interest in bringing him, which is mind blogging to say in the least.

:OMG:

Dave Meltzer is reporting that legendary manager Bobby "The Brain" Heenan is showing very slow improvement. Heenan is still unable to speak, but now communciates using a chalkboard. Please keep Mr. Heenan and his family in your thoughts and prayers.