OT - Attn. Wrestling Fans

A quote from J.R.'s latest blog about being at the Kemper Arena for Monday Night Raw...

"No, I did not forget that it was almost 9 years ago at Kemper Arena in Kansas City, the same arena Monday Night Raw emanated from this week, where Owen Hart fell to his death. We did not speak of it on air nor did I think that we would, but it was definitely a point of discussion for many of us during the day especially for the King and me on our drive down from Omaha on Monday. Jerry and I sat in the same exact spot this past Monday night that we sat 9 years ago on the saddest night of our careers. After Monday’s show went off the air, some fans in attendance started an "Owen" chant which was emotional for many of us that were Owen’s friends and especially for those of us that were actually in attendance that night.

We may not have spoken of the moment 9 years ago on the air but it was in many of our hearts throughout the day and evening. It’s impossible for me to walk into Kemper Arena without thinking of Owen Hart."

I remember watching the PPV that night and I can't even imagine what it was like to be there.

that was one of the saddest things i ever had to see in wrestling. also eddie and benoit dying and flair retiring

I think I'm starting to enjoy TNA more than any WWE show, certainly more than WWECW. And, damn Christy Hemme's HAWT!

So now Vince wants to pay fans one million dollars a week to watch Raw. He could save a lot of money by just making a better product...just sayin'.

THE MIKE ADAMLE STUPID QUOTE OF THE WEEK...

This weeks' quote is actually several quotes that all together seem to show that Adamle is a pole smoker...

"Let's switch posistions.":err:

"Chavo's trying to slow Punk down by riding him a little bit.":guh:

"Can you imagine Big Show with this thing in his hand?":OMG:

and "Neither man will give an inch.":erk:

He sounded disappointed when saying the last one!:lol:

Anyway, gay or straight, there's no excuse to still call the show "THE ECW on Sci-Fi." Why does he have to throw the word "the" in front of everything he says??? :rolleyes:

From J.R.'s latest blog...

"Former WCW TV broadcaster Mark Madden, who is a good friend of Ric Flair, and who worked diligently on Ric’s autobiography and until recently was a colorful albeit "edgy" Pittsburgh radio personality on the ESPN Radio affiliate there, has apparently been canned by the station for what the station perceived as "insensitive remarks" on the air. I don’t fully understand this one. Madden’s media persona was one that could be compared to an old school wrestling manager inasmuch as his job was to "stir things up" and to create controversey. I do not know Madden well, I have met him on a handful of occasions, but it seems as if the guy was simply doing his job. Eric Bischoff was right when he wrote that "Controversey Creates Cash" and controversey is the key component to sports talk radio unless I have been missing the "Mark", which I am sure the Steel City fans will be doing in Madden’s absence. I would be surprised if Madden was unemployed for long if "unemployed" is the accurate term in this particular situation. "

I wonder if Madden might be going to work for WWE in the near future.

Anyway, gay or straight, there's no excuse to still call the show "THE ECW on Sci-Fi." Why does he have to throw the word "the" in front of everything he says??? :rolleyes:
In all fairness Jim Ross still calls it "the WWE" as well, which is essentially the same mistake since they changed it from WWF to WWE. "The World Wrestling Federation" made sense, but "The World Wrestling Entertainment" does not. Adamle certainly is a useless commentator but I think you're over-selling it just a little bit. :rolleyes:

In all fairness Jim Ross still calls it "the WWE" as well, which is essentially the same mistake since they changed it from WWF to WWE. "The World Wrestling Federation" made sense, but "The World Wrestling Entertainment" does not. Adamle certainly is a useless commentator but I think you're over-selling it just a little bit. :rolleyes:

You think I'm over-selling? Over-selling would be claiming that children cry when Adamle speaks. And that would only be a minor case of over-selling.:lol:

Seriously though, Adamle is the worst commentator I've seen since...umm...actually I can't think of anyone who even comes close to being that bad. I could say Don West, but even he isn't that bad. At least West seems to know the names of the moves and when he doesn't, he shuts up and lets Mike Tenay handle it. I've never heard West call tagging out "tapping off".

And, Jim Ross gets a pass since he is still the best commentator since Gordon Solie. Ross could call WWE "WCW" and still be better than Adamle. Ross could out-call Adamle with a mouthfull of Vince McMahons' ass, and in fact has.

Now take those rolling eyeballs outta here before I break out the :yuk: or the :puke:!

:lol:

According to the match stipulations, yes he should be done in WWE. I don't think it's going to stick though since there have been rumors of Undertaker and HHH moving during the WWE Draft in a few weeks. Then again, who knows? Maybe he decided to retire.