OT: Our World is Doomed...

If I ever went to Turkey, the first thing I'd do is find where Kevin Moore is.

And this is where I accidentally turn this thread into yet another Dream Theater thread.

I think Kevin Moore no more resides here. I heard that he went back to Canada or somewhere. But i am not sure.

Ptah Khnemu said:
If I ever went to Turkey, the first thing I'd do is find where Kevin Moore is.

And this is where I accidentally turn this thread into yet another Dream Theater thread.

Then read watch a KEVIN Spacey movie, then read a Michael MOORE book. İt might work. :D

Oh noooooo, i've lost my talent on playing with words. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm a Biology major (emphasis on cell&molecular not cheesy wildlife BS) so it's my business to know most of this stuff.

I am sorry, i am not interested Nemesis. I don't believe human brain is that simple which you can understand if it is working just by solving a test. IQ just shows the ability of using the symbols, or memorising them. It has nothing to do with intelligence or wisdom. Jostein Gaarder says:

If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, then we would be so dumb not to understand it.

And that goes to be my new signature :)

PS: Congratulations for your high score though :)

Here's some paraphrased history on IQ for you:

Intelligence Quotient (IQ) tests were initially designed by psychologists Alfred Binet and Theodore Simon (The Binet-Simon scale) to distinguish children who might need special education (later revised by Stanford University becoming the Stanford-Binet scale). The idea of the IQ test is to compare your own mental age against a standardized 'norm' and covers a wide range of abilities such as imagery, attention, comprehension, imagination, and memory.

There are thought to be multiple kinds of 'intelligence' such as verbal, musical, logical/mathematical, spatial, bodily (such as dancing/athletic skills), and personal/emotional (self-awareness and awareness of others in terms of feelings).

IQ scores show high correlation with academic success so it is thought to be both a reliable and valid method.

Online IQ tests are god awful... I've had my IQ taken professionally and no online test has come any closer than 15 points away from my real score.

My IQ is actually almost inhumanely high, but I have mental disabilities that cause me to come off as a complete idiot.

yeah I usually score around 140 on internet IQ tests but the result is always varied between test and even between taking the same test twice; they're purely novelty. I'm not sure what my true IQ score is, but I'd say I'm fairly average especially at the mathematical element. My intelligence definately lies with the verbal side of things more than anything else.

Internet IQ tests have scored me from 121 to 131 all of which are over 15 points off the real mark; 147 (taken as a requirement to be in a GATE "advanced" program).