OT - Show us your pets!

Gina. Border Collie/Kelpie cross. 11 years old.

gina1.jpg
gina3.jpg

gina2.jpg

Awww...what happened to the eye? Or was he born that way?

Jack was a stray. He was one of three in the litter of kittens. Of the three, two of them had problems with their eyes. It was a form of feline herpes that basically attack the eye and causes all sort of nastiness that I won't get into. Suffice to say, one kitten had to be put down because both eyes were affected. Jack was lucky to only have the one eye be problematic. With it needing to be removed, Jack was adopted into a good home. The third cat from the litter, who had no eye issues, was adpoted by my mother.

JDub said:
Ben is part MaineCoon (sp?) is he not?

Yes, Ben and Jerry both have MaineCoon in them. They are big, long, fluffy masses of catdom. :)

Jack was a stray. He was one of three in the litter of kittens. Of the three, two of them had problems with their eyes. It was a form of feline herpes that basically attack the eye and causes all sort of nastiness that I won't get into. Suffice to say, one kitten had to be put down because both eyes were affected. Jack was lucky to only have the one eye be problematic. With it needing to be removed, Jack was adopted into a good home. The third cat from the litter, who had no eye issues, was adpoted by my mother.

Yes, Ben and Jerry both have MaineCoon in them. They are big, long, fluffy masses of catdom. :)

:headbang: I love big cats, not sexually, of course.....
When my mom offered to get me a cat for what turned out to be her last Christmas with us, I had a hard choice to make between a Siamese & a MainCoon (still not sure if the spelling is correct). We've always had a 'meeser in the family since I was a kid, and I decided to continue the tradition.

J-Dubya

wicked, pet rats. That would be pretty cool to have.
they are... very low maintenance, just like to be fed, played with and have somewhere to sleep. their favourite thing to do (apart from hiding down my shirt in boobyland) is to shred newspaper and cottonwool and poke it out of their cage. the look on peoples faces when they poke their little rattie faces out of my shirt and run through my hair is priceless!! best pets to have when you're not allowed to have pets!

^^ i took the ratties to my mums place (she has our cat and her dog living there). the cat took no notice of them, but the dog went spastic... kept jumping up trying to get them out of the cage to play with her, and when they were out, tried to bite their heads off...

louie (the cat) thinks she is far superior to any other living thing...