OT: The Official SPORTS Thread!

College football rawks!

Well, I know absolutely not much about it, except that my school, Rutgers, started doing well ever since I got here. We went to a bowl game last year, which is saying a lot considering we were never above .500 for years.

As for the Packers, they're destined to a doomy and gloomy season really.

My San Fran Giants are gonna do it! Everything seems to be falling into place!

or they could lose at the very last moment.

Montu Sekhmet said:
What is it you hate about favre? Oh I remeber, all those years he slaughtered your bears? :heh:

My hatred for the packers is a genetic issue. I have hated them since I was old enough to know what football was all about. My MAIN reason for hating them is their fans are OBNOXIOUS. They remind me of White Sox fans, although the packer fans are more dedicated than the bandwagon riding prissy rejects that call themselves fans. Off the field I have nothing but respect for Brett-boy. On the field he is my enemy. He needs to retire, or cross the line and join the Bears. The Wisconsin Packer fans are 1000% more obnoxious than the out of state fans.

J-Dubya - Green Bay is HISTORY this year.....

Montu Sekhmet said:
What is it you hate about favre? Oh I remeber, all those years he slaughtered your bears? :heh:

My hatred for the packers is a genetic issue. I have hated them since I was old enough to know what football was all about. My MAIN reason for hating them is their fans are OBNOXIOUS. They remind me of White Sox fans, although the packer fans are more dedicated than the bandwagon riding prissy rejects that call themselves fans. Off the field I have nothing but respect for Brett-boy. On the field he is my enemy. He needs to retire, or cross the line and join the Bears. The Wisconsin Packer fans are 1000% more obnoxious than the out of state fans.

J-Dubya - Green Bay is HISTORY this year.....

fullnelson said:
Does anyone here play any? I'm pretty good at hacky sack, haha. It's fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS8tQQ3L9AA
Yes, I used to play soccer.

West Virginia U football is awesome this year. It's weird how you never see any of the players around campus.

yep...soccer for 20 years. won a couple national titles up here in the north, played a year overseas. still playing, though not as competitively because injuries have piled up (i'm old now...haha, being 24 sucks). so, i do less strenuous things in the off-season (aka winter) such as winter biking and jogging. no more indoor soccer for me.

Soccer since I was 9. I'm 35 nowadays. I had the lowest GAA in mens' division 1 in the Albuquerque Soccer League last season. I've dropped 30 pounds and I'm ready to play another 26 years.

My worst injury was a broken hip (similar to Bo Jackson's, but not as drastic - my pelvis didn't shatter but I still have a 1.5 x 2.5 cm piece of bone from the back of my pelvis floating around in my hip). I was on the shelf for five years after that one. I also broke a metatarsal and have had too many muscle pulls and sprains to remember (sprained Achilles hurt like a bitch two springs ago, and the limp brought on tendonitis in my superior tendon in my opposite knee). But, other than the tendonitis that hasn't flared up in a good while, my knees have held up...

My team will probably promote to Premier next year.

ABQShredHead said:
I've dropped 30 pounds and I'm ready to play another 26 years..

26 years?

ABQShredHead said:
My worst injury was a broken hip (similar to Bo Jackson's, but not as drastic - my pelvis didn't shatter but I still have a 1.5 x 2.5 cm piece of bone from the back of my pelvis floating around in my hip). I was on the shelf for five years after that one. I also broke a metatarsal and have had too many muscle pulls and sprains to remember (sprained Achilles hurt like a bitch two springs ago, and the limp brought on tendonitis in my superior tendon in my opposite knee). But, other than the tendonitis that hasn't flared up in a good while, my knees have held up...

wait..are you a pro player?

ABQShredHead said:
Soccer since I was 9. I'm 35 nowadays. I had the lowest GAA in mens' division 1 in the Albuquerque Soccer League last season. I've dropped 30 pounds and I'm ready to play another 26 years.

that's awesome...we just got promoted to premier in our provincial league this year.

i love hearing about other people's soccer injuries. the only broken bone (not including toes) was when i shattered my wrist, but that was indoor. other than that, torn meniscii, acl, mcl, all that good shit.

and right on, another 26 years sounds just fine, hope your premier year goes well.

Montu Sekhmet said:
26 years?

wait..are you a pro player?

Don't I wish. I probably could have, but I decided to go to a university with only a club team. My eyesight degraded late in high school and I had lost some confidence when I dropped a few balls that resulted in easy goals. Easy to do when you see a fuzzy white thing coming at you rather than a crisp ball outline. But, I got these wonderful contact thingies and now I can see again and I stop nearly everything.

ABQShredHead said:
Don't I wish. I probably could have, but I decided to go to a university with only a club team. My eyesight degraded late in high school and I had lost some confidence when I dropped a few balls that resulted in easy goals. Easy to do when you see a fuzzy white thing coming at you rather than a crisp ball outline. But, I got these wonderful contact thingies and now I can see again and I stop nearly everything.

Cool. I catch for my highschool team, and I need to get some contacts too, because right now I'm wearing glasses under my mask. Sucks.:mad:

i've played some football and rugby here and there... most of my time is dedicated to Judo though, I've been doing Judo since i was 5 years old, am now a black belt, ranked 2nd in quebec, train regularly with the canadian team and attending the canadian championships twice

I have a question for proulxski - you do Judo and other martial arts at a high level right? Do you train with a view to it being a sport i.e. scoring points, or more like self defense i.e. disabling someone from attacking you and worst case killing them?