OT: The Official SPORTS Thread!

Giants suck its all about the other team across the bay.

Oakland A's the team that is actually going to make the playoffs and do something besides watch bonds hit home runs and the giants still lose anyway hah

Metalman7983 said:
Giants suck its all about the other team across the bay.

Oakland A's the team that is actually going to make the playoffs and do something besides watch bonds hit home runs and the giants still lose anyway hah

look at the standings, moron

Montu Sekhmet said:
look at the standings, moron

Not to play devil's advocate, but the A's are in first in the AL West with a seven-game lead, whereas the Giants trail the NL Wild Card race by 3½ games. Looks like the A's are in the playoffs and the Giants are outside looking in, though anything can happen over the next few weeks.

That Dodgers-Padres battle is pretty exciting though.

ABQShredHead said:
Not to play devil's advocate, but the A's are in first in the AL West with a seven-game lead, whereas the Giants trail the NL Wild Card race by 3½ games. Looks like the A's are in the playoffs and the Giants are outside looking in, though anything can happen over the next few weeks.

Go MN Twins!

That is a team that Minnesotans can be proud of!

Whether you like em or not you gotta give respect for what they have done this season with their roster of rookies and callups from the minor leagues.

rockyracoon said:
Favre can get "locked in" all he wants. The bottom line is he has no one besides Donald Driver who can catch the ball. His line gives him virtually zero protection and he better get use to getting sacked all year. I'd be screaming for Aaron Rodgers if I were a Packers fan, at least he's something to build on.

Da Bears are once again the team to beat in the NFC North. Everyone here is talking about how great Childress is and all this crap.

C'mon people! Yeah Vikes are 2-0 but the wins haven't been all that convincing. Freaking Gamble from Carolina basically gave the Vikes the game Sunday with that 3rd grader lateral across the field.

To his credit, Childress pulled off the fake field goal to get the TD and tie it up. Which is a very refreshing change to see here in MN.

I'll always root for the Vikes, but Da Bears have already annihilated their first 2 opponents where the Vikes have barely squeaked by.

ABQShredHead said:

The padres are now in first, which is good, because they are more succeptible to lose than LA. I still like the giants chances this year.

the_satanic_rabbit said:
Da Bears are once again the team to beat in the NFC North. Everyone here is talking about how great Childress is and all this crap.

C'mon people! Yeah Vikes are 2-0 but the wins haven't been all that convincing. Freaking Gamble from Carolina basically gave the Vikes the game Sunday with that 3rd grader lateral across the field.

I'll always root for the Vikes, but Da Bears have already annihilated their first 2 opponents where the Vikes have barely squeaked by.

The bears will win the division and lose in the first or second round. They'll eventually slow down, but they'll be too far ahead to pass them in the standings.

Giants 5.5 games out of the wild card and 6 games out of division don't think they are going to go anywhere in october my friend :)

A's 8 game lead in division with 9 games to play a win today will clinch the playoffs...enough said:Smug: