OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to listen to "Henry the octopus lives down in the deep blue sea... and something about peanut butter being sung by Barney. Sounds a little disgusting to me.

Next baby due 3 weeks from tomorrow!

Coming up FAST!!!

Can't wait to see how pissed off little Ryan is after not having to share the attention for nearly 2 years.

I think it all depends on how involved he is when the baby gets here. We had Joey at the hospital as soon as I got a room, and then we had them both in the truck when we brought her home. I think that helped. My nephew didn't know he was getting a brother until he got home from a few days with Grandma and there's Mom with a baby, and he was downright violent. Joey was more fascinated than anything at first, especially when trying to figure out where her pee-pee went. :lol:

Do you know what the new baby is or are you waiting?

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I think it all depends on how involved he is when the baby gets here. We had Joey at the hospital as soon as I got a room, and then we had them both in the truck when we brought her home. I think that helped. My nephew didn't know he was getting a brother until he got home from a few days with Grandma and there's Mom with a baby, and he was downright violent. Joey was more fascinated than anything at first, especially when trying to figure out where her pee-pee went. :lol:

Do you know what the new baby is or are you waiting?

We are having a girl this time. We didn't know with Ryan. We've been telling him for months that he's gonna have a baby sister and he knows mom has a baby in her belly. Honestly, he's been awesome at adjusting to everything we've ever thrown at him so far: new bed, new bedroom, sleeping hours, foods, etc. We're hoping the trend will continue. He'll probably be at the hospital depending on timing and all. I got to actually catch him on his way into the world and i hope to do the same with the girl. :)

It definitely is. My stupid ass sister-in-law couldn't figure out why he hated the baby. She plays favorites anyway, which doesn't help, but even the idea that he had no idea, and he was past two already. At that age they're too young to sit down and explain it, but there are subtle things you can do. A couple of weeks before Tonya was born, we moved Joey's carseat out of the middle and put hers back there, too. Then he didn't freak out about having to share the backseat or that he had to sit behind me and not have such a good view anymore. I think as long as you keep in mind that they're little people too, and that they're still part of the family even if they don't get something, it works out fine. It's people who underestimate them and treat them like they're stupid that have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.