OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
so they can't tell me anything.

Oh yes they can and they will: What color your house is, how long/short your grass is, what kind of trees/plants you have, what kind of fence you have, how tall/short it is, how many cars you are allowed to have in your driveway, and on, and on, and on...........

The key is to get into a well-established association. They tend to slacken the rules over time. I built a tool shed this summer with my Dad and the President told me he didn't care how big it was as long as nobody complained. And they are laid back about plants and trees and all that. It works out OK. We have a nice pool a block away.

Metal Maiden said:
Oh yes they can and they will: What color your house is, how long/short your grass is, what kind of trees/plants you have, what kind of fence you have, how tall/short it is, how many cars you are allowed to have in your driveway, and on, and on, and on...........
That's what I'm saying, they can't tell me any of that.

The house is being painted in three shades of light brown. We don't plan on changing it, because we used the same colors on the interior. The desert landscaping is being put in for us, so there's no grass, and the plants and trees will be put in by the builder, not us. The fence is a block wall, and starts at the backyard. It's a two car garage and we only have on vehicle, and we've moved far enough out that no one really wants to visit us that often.

Therefore, I don't see any problems for at least five years.

Not really. Doing my backyard will be enough work, and will have a hefty enough water bill. I don't want a front yard to deal with, too. Grass in Arizona is a giant pain in the ass. I like having a block wall fence. It means kids and pets can't get out. The color of the house is quite nice. I had many to pick from.

Moving into an older house with an association is out of the question, but this one is really not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.