OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It warmed up nicely here in Portland today, real hot outside, good day to pass a cdl drive test. And passed I did. Now one more day of class, then it's 3 days of orientation with Swift next week, then I'm out driving the rest of the world.

nafnikufesin said:
We hit 20 C today (Americans, do your own conversions :p ), but we had a cold rain right in the middle of playing soccer tonight...it fucked up the other team, but I don't mind playing in a downpour, so I used it to grab a couple quick goals :D

I hated playing in cold rain. Especially if I was the keeper. I also hated playing in cold weather. Soccer ball against cold skin hurts like a bitch.

Football is the world's game, but is largely ignored in North America because we suck at it. So we change "football" into a sport that nobody else in the world plays (and even Canadians and Americans don't play by the same rules), so we can be the best at it, and call the real football "soccer" :D

Actually, and in all honesty, the real football is rugby, which was called rugby football until football and football stole the word football.

Status
Not open for further replies.