OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MyHatred said:
Errr well I am one of "those guys":lol: .

Well I didnt mean as "one of those guys." I can understand how ya feel though, since now I am married, kids, and a huge bed in which I can fall asleep in a few minutes on. What ya said about the dude once a year getting all ambitious kinda reminded me of all that. In respects to his band, yeah my cousin and the singer are the only ones who are all gung ho, WITH a wife (pregnant too) and a kid. The guitarist drag races during the summer ($10,000 a year hobby), and the bassist likes to get into legal trouble (he drove through a house drunk last year!!). I guess I am just tired of hearing my cuz whine about "we are going nowhere." I would kill just to find someone in my area that even LIKES metal and barely knows what a barre chord is. No one here likes metal. Its either country, or "latino" rap/polka/whateverthehellitis crap.

remington69 said:
Sweet! It's 2:30 and my boss said I can go home since there's nothing to do. Yipee!

Lucky dog! I have nothing to do also but I am stuck here until 5:30. I don't have to work on thursday though:headbang: I will be knocking back brewskis and watching Prong:kickass: wednesday night.

MyHatred said:
Lucky dog! I have nothing to do also but I am stuck here until 5:30. I don't have to work on thursday though:headbang: I will be knocking back brewskis and watching Prong:kickass: wednesday night.

all of you are lucky! I leave for work in like 20 mins or so. Wont be back home till about 1am. And let us know how the show went!:kickass:

I wish I had a drink. Today is going by slooow. I get to leave early today too, but only because hubby and I have to go to a wake. I hate wakes. At least this person's death wasn't sudden. She was 94 years old and barely alive the past year.

maybe it is because I am from a small town...but, I have never heard of a "wake." Or is it the same thing as a viewing?? I imagine that is what it is. It would be kinda creppy looking at a dead guy (let alone one I knew or loved) sitting, standing, or just lying there with eyes open.....:zombie:

metal_thrashing_kansan said:
maybe it is because I am from a small town...but, I have never heard of a "wake." Or is it the same thing as a viewing?? I imagine that is what it is. It would be kinda creppy looking at a dead guy (let alone one I knew or loved) sitting, standing, or just lying there with eyes open.....:zombie:

It's the same thing. You go to a funeral home, and they have the dead person laying in the casket with the lid open. You're supossed to go up to the casket and "Pay your respects". It just creeps me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.