OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My work week is over, I even left an hour early. Concert tonight, party Friday night, hot date Saturday, and sleep on Sunday. The way this weekend looks I might not ever go back into work.

Morning kids! Another useless day in the lab. At least yesterday I perfected my resume and a cover letter. In about two weeks I'm going to start applying for jobs. I can't wait until my contract ends in August (especially since my boss has a job only until May 15th. After that, they'll stick me into someone else's lab to do shit work)

remington69 said:
Morning kids! Another useless day in the lab. At least yesterday I perfected my resume and a cover letter. In about two weeks I'm going to start applying for jobs. I can't wait until my contract ends in August (especially since my boss has a job only until May 15th. After that, they'll stick me into someone else's lab to do shit work)

I hear it is this time of year they start looking for teachers and technicians. GOOD LUCK! My wife has been looking for 2 straight years now for a teaching job. But then again, we are not too keen on relocating 1,000's of miles away.

remington69 said:
It's the same thing. You go to a funeral home, and they have the dead person laying in the casket with the lid open. You're supossed to go up to the casket and "Pay your respects". It just creeps me out.

It's creepy because it never, ever looks like the person it was. They don't look like they're sleeping - that's what the old people tell you so you don't freak out.

And what makes even less sense, is a "viewing" with a closed casket. Looking at a corpse is bad enough, but looking at some wood and some flowers, now that's just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.