Other music you guys like?

Non-metal bands I enjoy:

Faith No More. Just about anything involving Mike Patton is godly
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Nirvana
( I was a huge fan of that whole "grunge" explosion of the early 90s)
Nine Inch Nails
The Cure
Radiohead
Stabbing Westward

Tons of industrial/ebm, some gabber, some rap. I like just about anything really. I can't afford to be picky anymore when it comes to music.

i listen to lots of punk and alt.rock from the late 80s/early 90s

i love bands like mudhoney,alice donut,decendants,the cure,the specials,dinosaur jr.,nofx,rival schools,jimmy eat world,the ramones and anything i deem to be good:D :D

classic rock, middle eastern/belly dance, Celtic, Renaissance era music, classical, blues, trippy shit I can't describe (i.e. OZRIC TENTACLES), classical Indian music, anything played w/ a Hurdy Gurdy...flamenco, music like Dead Can Dance/Lisa Gerrard, classic Nordic folk music...I can go on and on and on and on !!!!

Blah! I really don't care for Punk, never have. But other than Metal I like Southern Blues, Bluegrass (too many Christian overtones though), some Traditional Country (not the modern Pop shit), Classical Chamber Music, Classical and Flamenco Guitar, Ethereal Goth, and really anything else that sounds good and isn't too mainstream.

Non-metal stuff rules! In alphabetical order:

...Amber Street...A Perfect Circle...Bunbury...The Cardigans...Chalk Farm...The Cranberries...Eleventh Dream Day...Elysian Fields(US)...Empyrium (Where at night...)...Kent...Migala...Lisa Miskovsky...Portishead...Radiohead...Songs:Ohia...Tenhi...The Tea Party...3rd & The Mortal...Yuval Banay...

Unlike some other metal fans, I also enjoy the more recent releases by (former) metal bands: Amorphis, Anathema, The Gathering, Paradise Lost, Theatre Of Tragedy etc.

Some punk releases are OK, although I'm not sure whether to label this music "punk" or not. There's an Australian band called "The Splatterheads" that's really good.

I like David Gray and Tina Turner's stuff.

It also depends on what you think of as "metal".

TOOL! Some say they're metal, some say they're prog rock...others say they're alternative and those without a clue even say they're nu metal. I don't know what they are, but I don't think that Tool are metal...they're too mellow to be called metal.

Besides Tool I like some industrial (like KMFDM!)

Originally posted by THE_RIPPER
Faith no more
Depeche Mode
hard rock
flamenco <<----- Tomatito, Parrita, Camarón...?!? Aaargh!!
industrial
Classic
Progressive Rock

About me, I like to listen some classical stuff (Wagner, Albinoni, Pachelbel, a bit of Mozart, etc.). I use to listen a wide range of styles, buuuut, I'm far away from rap, techno or flamenco.

|ngenius (Far away of nowhere)

i don't like punk/hardcore but i'm not completely sure why. it may be simply because its too one-dimensional and too simple, i was in a band for a couple of weeks (LOL) last summer and all wedid was play misfits covers and i just got so bored playing them...and punk i feel just lacks the intensity that metal posses, like an inferior sister to metal. as for other genres of music i enjoy classical, ambient and jazz.

:devil:
np: Aeternus-The Warrior of the Crescent Moon