Overrated

There are a lot of crap bands/musicians that people claim to be inspired by, but that doesn't make them good.

Not saying Metallica are crap of course, because they aren't ;)

That dosen't mean they are overrated. Hell just beacuse of Master of Puppets they are awesome on toast, no matter how many girly fights and piss poor albums like St. Anger they release; they still get an kickass rating from me just beacause of that album alone.

I never liked Justice. It just jumps around too much. It's like they're trying so hard to be prog that it just ceases to flow, which defeats the point of being prog in the first place. It's just not natural.
There were a few good songs on the Black Album, I suppose, but it just doesn't compare to the thrash days in my opinion.

Justice is my favourite album... But Metallica are overrated overall really, especially when the Metallica vs. Megadeth issue is brought up. I mean. lars can't even drum to 'Dyers eve', and there are some shit scary difficult songs of Megadeth's like 'Take no prisoners' that they did play live. :kickass:

*searches for the youtube video*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A3HMKWhx7g

If you wanted to stick to whether Metallica are overrated or not, then just ignore bringing megadeth into it.:rolleyes:

Ok I know this thread is basically all about Metallica. But I'll just mention that I have given a very focussed effort on listening to Metallica. I've sat there and listened to Master of Puppets, Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightening back to back in that order.

I'm still collecting my final judgement. But the sweet n short of it is that I like it...A LOT...like I knew I would....but I'm not blown out of the water.

Yeah but you would be blown out of the water if this was 1984 and this was the first thing like this you'd ever heard... knowing your tastes Dom, try to get hold of "S&M," Metallica's symphonic live album - I think its excellent.

Tonberry said:
you would be blown out of the water if this was 1984 and this was the first thing like this you'd ever heard

There's definitely some truth in that. Which is probably why Iron Maiden did blow em out of the water.

Best thing I like about this new Tallica stuff I'm hearing is the solos. :headbang:

Btw, Ton...dream evil...MOREEEEE! :p

Power_Metal_Dom said:
Btw, Ton...dream evil...MOREEEEE! :p

No you'll get me done by the CIA, FBI, Web Police, NSPCC, London Met, New Justice League, LAPD, Dreamworks, Bill Gates, Mothers Against Maddox and some angry guy Century Media Records knocking on my door. :loco: