Own Pictures

Müller;8611092 said:
......nope :rofl:
My last name may be "müller" (The most common german last name), but I'm 0% german.

My granddad was Swiss, so I'm 1/8th Swiss and 7/8ths Swedish ^^,
(I'm both a Swedish and a Swiss citizen so I'm not even offended when people ask me if I live in the alps :rofl:)

hmmm.. if your grandfather was Swiss, doesn't that make you 1/4rth Swiss? (and not 1/8th?). Like... you have 4 grand parents, one is Swiss, so you have one parent who is half swiss, hence that makes you 1/4rth Swiss? Math anyone? :loco:

And if your last name is Müller, I'm guessing you're German Swiss, which to me practically means German. I may have a weird view of these things, but that's how I see it. :) Too many small countries, people racially, linguistically and culturally very similar should be in the same country. A Kurd from Iraq or Turkey stays a Kurd. Same thing in Europe. If history were different, Germany could have included Austria and those german parts of Switzerland and belgium, and that applies for all countries.

Too many small countries, people racially, linguistically and culturally very similar should be in the same country. A Kurd from Iraq or Turkey stays a Kurd. Same thing in Europe. If history were different, Germany could have included Austria and those german parts of Switzerland and belgium, and that applies for all countries.

Mmm, touchy subject... Yes and No, identities don't fit neatly on a map. if I did not have to get up early tomorrow I would take you up on the debate, Mister... Mister... don't you have a very Breton last name by the way, despite your location being Paris and your rank being "stupid French bastard"? :Smug:

Edit: I only describe myself as Spanish when I am speaking to Non-spaniards, because it simplifies things. Otherwise, NEVER!!!

apparently the people in my family loved everyone they met,literally,so I am a mutt !!! I do know my Grandmothers maiden name is scottish, my mothers is irish,and my last name is german.

Mmm, touchy subject... Yes and No, identities don't fit neatly on a map. if I did not have to get up early tomorrow I would take you up on the debate, Mister... Mister... don't you have a very Breton last name by the way, despite your location being Paris and your rank being "stupid French bastard"? :Smug:

Edit: I only describe myself as Spanish when I am speaking to Non-spaniards, because it simplifies things. Otherwise, NEVER!!!

hehe, yes I have a very breton last name, but actually my breton ancestry is somewhat distant. Great-grandfather.. it just stayed. But yeah for Bretons it is a touchy subject. Eventually I would accept their independence although they are extreemly "francisized" and share much of french blood and history, as long as we get wallonia and francophone Switzerland. :D (yeah, you guys can flame me now).

Hmmm I think that is weird that you wouldn't tell people you were Spanish. Why not? Spain is really cool!

Cause she's from Catalonia I believe. Spain is particular in a sense that a huge part of the country is composed of autonomous regions with a strong sense of identity different of that of the Castillan (sp?) majority (Basque region, Gallicia, Catalonia...etc..).
Its the same in France, with Alsace, Nice, Brittany, the Basque countries and the flemish north, except that with the french revolution and Republic, our country became extreemly centralized and repressive against cultural and linguistic minorities, "one nation indivisible", which explains why today, culturally different regions of France have a relatively low will for autonomy, because eventually their ancestral culture only survived truly in small villages.
Real strife for autonomy or independence can only be found in Corsica.

Hmmm I think that is weird that you wouldn't tell people you were Spanish. Why not? Spain is really cool!

My last name is Madsen... can you guess my ancestry? Easy!

Well, judging from your name you are not Spanish. :heh:

If you have been to Spain you will know there's a bit of reluctance to say the word "Spain", a number of people refer to "the Spanish state" or "the Central State" in the third person. We're quite tribal too... if in Spain we will describe ourselves by region, in region by city, even claim to be different from the people from a different part of town.

But abroad it simplifies things... and since I have been living abroad for a number of years and ended up sharing flats with Uk people, I have always been referred to as "that Spanish gal"

hehe, yes I have a very breton last name, but actually my breton ancestry is somewhat distant. Great-grandfather.. it just stayed.

Of course, one in every 10 Parisians is actually Breton, isn't it???

Cause she's from Catalonia I believe.

Nope, actually, I'm one quarter Basque, one quarter Asturian, and half Aragonese- mum's family comes from the first village in the pyrenees after the French border (which changed hands a few times between Spain, Navarre and France over the years). Even a bit of French thrown in- Great Grandmother's family came from Normandy.

I guess you regret having asked now!

2112g4w.jpg

Live on stage! First actual performance in front of a crowd, not counting a few band performances at friends' birthday parties ;)