• That's What You Get

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Ignorance

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other (please post).

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think we could reasonably lower the key of the song much (I think its already like D or C?), can you just change the melody?

i will give this a try, dont know how this will work out, as theres lots of notes impossible to sing for men. still - i give it a try.

if it doesnt work out, ill use melodyne :)

@Rick

That's the plan.

I had hoped to get the drums done this week. But my kick mic has been officially 'delivered' without it actually being delivered. And there's no record of anyone signing for it. So God knows how long this is going to take to sort out.

That's the plan.
:headbang:
I had hoped to get the drums done this week. But my kick mic has been officially 'delivered' without it actually being delivered. And there's no record of anyone signing for it. So God knows how long this is going to take to sort out.

Well that sucks. I am lucky I haven't had any trouble with freight companies before and I hope it stays that way. Good luck with sorting it out!

Reporting.

I have been away because of serious health issues concerning my father and extremely rushed news that I will elaborate on in a new thread today.

I will during the week record the DI to That's what you get, re-record crushcrushcrush with a steady tempo (I did it to the original track and the tempo is not steady so it's fucked up to work with), and if conspiracy bass or no other bassist will do the other tracks, I will. But I'll leave it to morgan who seems to be the leader, to contact the guys and decide

I can do the bass to Decode if no one else wants to.

great, hit it with decode, I guess we´ll all wait for morgan to record his drums? It´s hard to record them just with a plain click track cause It´s hard to follow what´s coming next and such.

So let´s put it straight:

We´ll do four songs:
Crushcrushcrush
Decode
That´s what you get
Let the Flames Begin

we have these musicians:
Crush
-Morgan on drums
-Slipkyesbass on bass
-XratedDodo on guitars
-XratedDodo´s personal friend on Vocals

That´s what you get:
-Morgan on drums
-Slipkyesbass on bass
-G1 on guitar
-??? on vocals (maybe Fugazzi? or Ryan's perfect vocalist?)

Decode
-Morgan on drums
-Conspiracybass on bass
-??? on guitar
-??? on vocals

Let the Flames Begin
-Morgan on drums
-That's pretty much all we got (fuck I could do bass for that one too if needed, I love them all and already know them)

Amirite? let's fill up that list! and whoever wants to do other songs just say it and let's organize it I say

^No.
Sad03.gif

Sounds good, and I'll update the front page, but a few things (I'ma let you finish ;p)

I'm going to need something to drum to. I don't mind if I just drum to the original song, or whatever, but I think for Crush we should do the live version from Final Riot (no drums til first chorus), and maybe change the other ones up a touch too? I don't know.

In any case, I'm either gonna have to drum to the original song (in which case you guys can use that to time to as well, so you don't need to wait for me), or I'm gonna need scratch tracks.

And for vocals, I think having diff vocalists for each song is a good idea. I think Ryan's friend should do Decode or Let the Flames Begin (apparently she's insanely awesome and those are the harder songs vocally).

edit: ok updated the front page

Bass is all organised then, still need guitarists for Thats What You Get and Let the Flames Begin, and to organise vocalists properly.

I'm up for doing That's What You Get. My voice is a bit shit at the moment though due to a throat infection. Clearing up but it's done a job on my already damaged throat. We'll see. I would love to do that song though.

Well, good news. Went to the post office and the mic was just sitting there (for two weeks; no idea why they didn't deliver it).

So should be able to track drums this weekend hopefully. Just need to sort out acoustics which hopefully I'll be able to do tomorrow then track on Sunday or Monday.

edit: wow this kick mic is fucking awesome.

Here are some clips I just recorded now. Kick mic was just thrown up in the hole and not moved. EQ is only a boost at 50hz and a cut at 100hz of like 3db, and a tiny bit of compression.

I don't think I'll actually change my room's acoustics. I've got the room mic sounding REALLY nice now, and I don't want to fuck it up. Plus I'm lazy and won't get around to it.

So here are some (mixed) clips, dry (no room) and roomy. No sample replacement (toms will be samples in final thing, I don't have mics for them). Snare will improve quite a bit I hope, with some nice ring. This head is 6 months old and has a fucking HUGE dent in the middle, so I have to muffle it quite a bit. I have a new one but I haven't put it on yet. Might even get to track drums tomorrow :)
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/324723/Drums2OctDry.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/324723/Drums2OctRoomy.mp3

mic setup (and the raw files you'll be getting):
Snare: 57 on top. I might put a mic on the bottom but it sounds so shit. Its either one that sounds like its underwater or one thats REALLY distorted. The latter might not be too bad for some white noise. But I don't think I have any mic stands left.
Kick: e902
OHs: PG81's
Ride/Hats/Room: K-Micros. They all distort but it adds 'character' or something. Doesn't sound TOO bad and its better than not having anything in these spots.

Sorry I think I messed it up. Check the front page, is that right now?

No. Your front page should look like this...

Crushcrushcrush
I think we should do the live version; aka no drums til first chorus, and include those awesome crowd/backing vocals beforehand
Guitars: Gareth/Dodo
Bass: Slipkyes
Vocals: Dodo's Friend..?
Drums: Me

Decode
Guitars:
Bass: ConspiracyBass
Vocals:

That's What You Get
Guitars: G1
Bass: Slipkyes
Vocals:Ryan's Friend..?

Let the Flames Begin
Guitars:
Bass: ConspiracyBass
Vocals:

Got it? Cool!

^ Sick
:D

and ConspiracyBass I fixed the front page.

I put a new snare head on my snare today and holy shit, instant rock sound (finally got that GOOD ringiness. Not shit ring that I've been getting in the past). These will be THE BEST real drums you've ever heard. I hope >.>. Fingers crossed, no sample replacement will be necessary.

I'ma tune everything tomorrow and take a short clip, get everything set up nicely and post the results here, then after any comments I'll record the drums on Monday.

Still need guitars for a couple of songs. And those who have offered for guitars, you're doing ALL parts? Dist, cleans and leads?

And it just struck me that a few songs definitely have synths. I know Misery Business has one (which we're not doing), I'm pretty sure Decode would have some mixed in. That's What You Get has one in the chorus (hi-hat-ish). Anyone have the resources to program some nice synths?

there is a ton of synth/rhythm/drum loop stuff on the tracks from riot as well as vocoder and other backing stuff. quite hard to discern without hearing each element seperately. there are the u-myx or whatever its called version for a couple of the riot songs where the tracks are seperated.