• That's What You Get

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Ignorance

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Other (please post).

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With this being an Andy Sneap ultimate-metal forum collaboration, is it a good idea to get a singer who's not part of the forum to come in and do all the songs?

I liked the idea of having different forum members record vocals for each track. I think the project would be much more interesting & varied this way.

With this being an Andy Sneap ultimate-metal forum collaboration, is it a good idea to get a singer who's not part of the forum to come in and do all the songs?

I liked the idea of having different forum members record vocals for each track. I think the project would be much more interesting & varied this way.

I don't really mind if the singers come from outside (how many girls do we honestly have here..? Zero at last count ;p)

But I do think a diff singer for each track.

Can I put you down for Thats What You Get, Fugazzi? What is your real name, btw?

Narissa is the only female member that I know of. She sings. I think she is recording right now tho. Anyways, I can't speak for her. Maybe she will peep this thread out?

A female should sing. IMO

^ Done

Been sorting out the drums today. Still working on the snare's tuning, but its mic'ing is done (finally got the pop I was looking for :D), and the toms are all tuned and samples are taken. Here's a COMPLETELY RAW clip of different parts.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/324723/Drums4Oct Raw.mp3
Room -> OH -> T1 sample -> T2 sample -> Snare -> T1 clip

No processing at ALL has been applied. The last clip is just to show how goddamn good this mic is (e902) - zero bleed and perfect tone right away. And this is with a TWO YEAR OLD head. Christ, I would buy another 3 of these in a second if I had the cash.

Im fixing up the snare tuning now and will post a clip of some mixed drums in the rate-my-mix section later.

great, hit it with decode, I guess we´ll all wait for morgan to record his drums? It´s hard to record them just with a plain click track cause It´s hard to follow what´s coming next and such.

So let´s put it straight:

We´ll do four songs:
Crushcrushcrush
Decode
That´s what you get
Let the Flames Begin

we have these musicians:
Crush
-Morgan on drums
-Slipkyesbass on bass
-XratedDodo on guitars
-XratedDodo´s personal friend on Vocals

That´s what you get:
-Morgan on drums
-Slipkyesbass on bass
-G1 on guitar
-??? on vocals (maybe Fugazzi? or Ryan's perfect vocalist?)

Decode
-Morgan on drums
-Conspiracybass on bass
-??? on guitar
-??? on vocals

Let the Flames Begin
-Morgan on drums
-That's pretty much all we got (fuck I could do bass for that one too if needed, I love them all and already know them)

Amirite? let's fill up that list! and whoever wants to do other songs just say it and let's organize it I say

I'll jump on the Decode guitars if no one else is gonna do it...

any chance that when everything is complete we could have everything uploaded completely unedited for editing practice? I would love to have something to practice pocketing bass and vocals as well as try out beatdetective

any chance that when everything is complete we could have everything uploaded completely unedited for editing practice? I would love to have something to practice pocketing bass and vocals as well as try out beatdetective

I seriously doubt it man, that's a LOT more work. And not many people are going to take advantage of it.

The Paramore/Evanescence thing thats up has unedited bass and vocals that you can try. If you really want to try out Beat Detective I can send you a short snippet of these drums, but its just way too much work to have edited and unedited versions of both songs.

If you are OK with male vocals, I could do Let the Flames Begin.

Sure. Maybe record a clip of you singing it so we can hear you?>

Imo, Let the Flames Begin should be a collaboration (at least on the final chorus). Final song in the cover pack with an Ayreon-esque ending. Females, males, screams, growls, everything.

But we obviously would still need a main vocalist for it.

if audiophile doesnt do it ill do let the flames begin...or what about collabing with 2 guitarists? or i can program the drums for one of them...id def like to have a part in this

I seriously doubt it man, that's a LOT more work. And not many people are going to take advantage of it.

The Paramore/Evanescence thing thats up has unedited bass and vocals that you can try. If you really want to try out Beat Detective I can send you a short snippet of these drums, but its just way too much work to have edited and unedited versions of both songs.

Sure. Maybe record a clip of you singing it so we can hear you?>

Imo, Let the Flames Begin should be a collaboration (at least on the final chorus). Final song in the cover pack with an Ayreon-esque ending. Females, males, screams, growls, everything.

But we obviously would still need a main vocalist for it.

ahh ok I understand. Another question though how is this going to work when its time to start doing guitars? you just gonna upload the drum session or a track to play too?

ahh ok I understand. Another question though how is this going to work when its time to start doing guitars? you just gonna upload the drum session or a track to play too?

I'll upload the drums. But I just played along to the original tracks, so you can do that too if you don't want to wait for the drums to be edited. I'll post the tempos later on.

I'll do Guitars for that track.

and who is the hotness in your avatar?

Kewl

And Kaya Scopsdfoisdf better known as Effy from Skins.

@Machinated

Thanks

I think we're right on the guitars side, but synths we would need. I'll try and comp the takes tonight and upload them at uni tomorrow.. is there a good online hosting program (can't download Dropbox onto the computers here), not like Rapidshare or whatever? :/