Parts in songs that reminds you of other songs.

^Why do ya wanna know?:lol:

Anyway, there's a little guitar part in Motorhead's "Orgasmatron" that sounds exactly like Accept's "Princess of the Dawn." Am I deaf or crazy, I've never heard of this one, but it sounds so similar... Blargh, can't find the fucking disc, anyone know what the hell I'm on about?

NP-Gate's of Babylon, Rainbow

Authentic Metalhead said:
What song? (what Smash Mouth song ripped off what Doors song?)

The Doors song was Soul Kitchen. The Smash Mouth song was Walkin' on the Sun. It's almost the entire song that's a rip off, and it's so fucking obvious. I don't even listen to Smash Mouth and I noticed it.

Wasn't Soul Kitchen a cover of an old blues song anyway? :err:

From what I've read, Led Zeppelin's been deep in the business of ripoffery, until they were called on it... Ripping off old blues songs and changing things around, if I find the link, I'll post it.

I noticed a lot of Children of Bodom tracks sound like each other, seeing as how they recycle stuff a lot. Like the intro for Needled 24/7, Follow the Reaper, and Warheart sound sorta similar, especially Needled 24/7 and Follow the Reaper. I also heard that ArchEnemy's "Nemesis" and Carcass' "Heartwork" have something in common, but I haven't heard Heartwork so I can't compare.

Cancer of the Soul said:
Behemoth - Conquer All = Anthrax - Be All End All
Also there's like 3 Bolt Thrower songs that have that same intro as "Cenotaph". One is "Killchain" from the new one, I forgot the other.

Nile's "Lashed to the Slave Stick" chorus also reminds me of the theme from Creepshow 2.

I thought that from the first listen :kickass:

Also: the section immediately prior to the "Huggy Bear? Oh yeah!" Section in Cathedral - Utopian Blaster has been lifted verbatim from Thin Lizzy - Emerald

Exodus - Strike Of The Beast and Kreator - Total Death sound very similar have parts that sound very similar if not identical

The solo in Alcest - Elevation (i think thats the song anyway) is a ripoff of the soloi in No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

I remember when Smash Mouth came out and were 'cool' for a year until then fadding into obscurity. stupid band

Probably.

I was probably 13. I just remember them being cool for a bit regardless to what croud. Sugar Ray and Progidy were really cool around the sametime. I can't believe when younger actually watched MTV with people. I know so much about nothing I even like because of this TV station.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Kjønn er den stor ting noensinne gitt til menneskehet. Ikke bare gjør det fortsetter vår bra løp, det er også en av den mest å oppfylling og intim følelser en erfarer...

What the hell is this? It means absolutely fuck all

(For those of you with sigs turned off: It's his signature)

On-topic: Helheim - Blod & Ild (intro riff) and Carcass - Corporal Jigsaw Quandry (intro riff)

Ya, with a hilarious outcome too:

"Sex (as in male/female, not sexual intercourse) is the big thing ever given to humanity. Not only does it continue our good run, it is also one of the most to fulfilment and intimate feelings one experiences"

funny, so many bands ripp off carcass, i wonder why? :rolleyes:

back to topic.

zero hour - eyes of denial , main riff is a ripp off of nevermore- what tommorow knows.

dream theater- home, main riff is a ripp off of tool- 46 & 2
(dt are masters of ripp offs by the way:lol:)

diamond head - am i evil ripps off gulstav holst - mars bringer of war.

and carcass - heartwork chorus is actually very similar to Kreator- people of the lie (so even carcass did it :lol:)

Let's see, the intro to Slayer's Captor of Sin rips off Mercyful Fate's A Corpse Without Soul, almost verbatim. It's almost the same guitar solo, too.

Iron Maiden almost ripped off the intro to Judas Priest's Running Wild with the beginning of Wicker Man. The chord progression is altered slightly, though the rhythm is still the same. Of course, a friend of mine who's a huge Iron Maiden fan and never heard Priest thought that Priest was ripping off Maiden until I pointed out to him the material we were listening to was recorded at least a year before Maiden released their first album.

Metallica ripped off a snippet of a Pink Floyd tune with the intro for Fade To Black (don't know the name of the PF tune, though).

I hear King Crimson influences all over Voivod and Primus material, just like you'll hear the Beatles being used as an influence in early Kiss.

Let's face it, kids. There's nothing truly original going on in Rock and Roll.