Parts in songs that reminds you of other songs.

Karsa said:
the epilogue of manilla roads crystal logic has pretty much the exact same riff as angel witch's angel of death at times
oh yeah there's a song by wolf (SWE) that completely lifts a chord progression from angel witch, either angel of death or baphomet

Not metal but the one that comes to mind immediately is the opening to 'While my guitar gently weeps' (Beatles) and the acoustic parts in 'Babe I'm gonna leave you' (Led Zeppelin)

One of Opeth's Damnation songs also sounds similar to these two... can't remember which though...

Authentic Metalhead said:
I used to work at a place that was always playing country on the radio, and one day I noticed the Dragonforce "Through The Fire And Flames" has a stricking resemblance to Garth Brooks "The Thunder Rolls"

Haha, that's sad... I'll have to listen to that. I heard that Garth Brooks song roughly 5 times a day for the entire summer (I was lifeguarding at a redneck lake), along with other 'classics' such as Sweet Home Alabama, Rodeo, and various Rascal Flatts songs. I seriously felt like throwing up it was so bad. If I ever have to hear "What hurts the most" again I'll die. What's sad is I now recognise instantly all these awful country songs when I'm walking in Walmart or wherever. Country's gotta be one of the worst genres of all time, after polka and disco, I pray I never see the day when country-metal comes around.

WNxScythe said:
Haha, that's sad... I'll have to listen to that. I heard that Garth Brooks song roughly 5 times a day for the entire summer (I was lifeguarding at a redneck lake), along with other 'classics' such as Sweet Home Alabama, Rodeo, and various Rascal Flatts songs. I seriously felt like throwing up it was so bad. If I ever have to hear "What hurts the most" again I'll die. What's sad is I now recognise instantly all these awful country songs when I'm walking in Walmart or wherever. Country's gotta be one of the worst genres of all time, after polka and disco, I pray I never see the day when country-metal comes around.

???

I never posted that. :err: (the one you quoted about the Dragonforce/Garth similarity)

this is hardly metal, but the main riff to Killing Joke's Love Like Blood sounds like Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood.

Authentic Metalhead said:
And they ripped them all off from Swedish death metal bands. :mad:

I think we both have a different idea about what nu-metal is. I really doubt a nu- metal band has heard of regular metal from sweden let alone death metal.

Killbot said:
There's a riff in Candlemass - A Cry From the Crypt that sounds extremely similar to Pantera - Revolution Is My Name. If you know the songs, you'll know which riffs i mean.

Really? Now I'll have to play Pantera again. Thanks for nothing, cunt. :lol:

Digging one up from the crypt just to say that there are parts towards the end of 'Search the Endless Plains' by Mithras that bear a strong resemblence to some of the music and sounds in the game Deus Ex.

That was totally worth it.