Parts in songs that reminds you of other songs.

Exactly the same. I am familiar with bolt throwers work enough and it's obviously intentional because the more you listen to the band their parts and albums are not as samey sounding as a lot of people think. At first Bolt Throwers music sounds the same. I think maybe since the original vocalist rejoined they did this on those once loyal as some kind of sign the band was back or something.

Since you're familiar with BT you'd also know that riff is also used in World Eater and Powder Burns :)

But there's another riff BT uses twice times. It's in Killchain and Cenotaph.

Since you're familiar with BT you'd also know that riff is also used in World Eater and Powder Burns :)

But there's another riff BT uses twice times. It's in Killchain and Cenotaph.

I'm going to have to write this down on paper and go into my room and see sometime. I guess you are a more observant BT fan than me!.

The intro of hit the lights by metallica sounds identical with the intro of Agressive perfector by slayer . Or the other way around.

I am sure there are more but I cant remember them at the moment.

I have found that Dream Theater use the same riffs/passages in more then 1 song on their albums, for e.g on Awake - The mirror at 5:15 a faster of version of Space-Dye Vests 2:39 keyboard passage is used, and this is also done on Images in Words with another riff being in two songs, i can't pinpoint which right now, but i noticed it before.

I know there's a good riff or two from Iced Earth's "Night of the Stormrider" that Jon Schaffer reused on one part of the "Something Wicked" trilogy. There's also a riff in the song "The Battle for the Great Silver Sword" by Domine which is an exact copy of one of the verse riffs in Manowar's "Hail to England". Also, apparently Bullet for My Valentine ripped off the intro riff to Testament's "Over the Wall" although I don't know which song it is.

Hm, off the top of my head.

Blind Guardian's Fly And Dead Sound Of Misery sound VERY similiar musically, they basically follow exactly the same rhythm pattern, anyone else notice that?

Blind Guardian's intro to The New Order sounds exactly the same to Grinspoon's Chemical Heart

Amon Amarth - Victorious March and Siegreicher Marsch, LIKE OMG IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME :lol:

I have found that Dream Theater use the same riffs/passages in more then 1 song on their albums, for e.g on Awake - The mirror at 5:15 a faster of version of Space-Dye Vests 2:39 keyboard passage is used, and this is also done on Images in Words with another riff being in two songs, i can't pinpoint which right now, but i noticed it before.

Just noticed this post. I'm pretty sure it's either bits of "Another Day" or "Wait for Sleep" that are repeated in "Learning to Live". I quite like when a band intentionally repeats a riff or a theme once or twice elsewhere, especially in a concept album.

Hm, off the top of my head.

Blind Guardian's Fly And Dead Sound Of Misery sound VERY similiar musically, they basically follow exactly the same rhythm pattern, anyone else notice that?

Amon Amarth - Victorious March and Siegreicher Marsch, LIKE OMG IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME :lol:

Damn, I hope these are jokes. :erk:

Lamb of God's "Redneck" and Pantera's "5 Minutes Alone" are very similar, but I think the band intended this, as "Redneck" strikes me as little more than a Pantera tribute.