Parts in songs that reminds you of other songs.

I always remembered Tidfall - Soil Of Tommorow very similar to Machine Head - Imperium. There is one same riff that they play in those songs.

Necuratul said:
Bathory has a couple of Metallica and Manowar-isms, and of course Megadeth rips off Mercyful Fate. Too lazy to find the songs/parts. I think it's Ia crappy song of of The World Needs A Hero and A Dangerous Meeting.

I think you will find that it was the track Warhorse, which "Liberally" uses "Am I evil" (DH) as its main structure. This was intended as a Harris/Tatler homage, except that it's fucking rubbish. :rolleyes:

Voivod-The beginning of War and Pain title track sounds like Black Sabbath title track,even includes the bell,sped up with no rain or thunder which also sounds like the New Celtic Frost...i forget which song name

I used to work at a place that was always playing country on the radio, and one day I noticed the Dragonforce "Through The Fire And Flames" has a stricking resemblance to Garth Brooks "The Thunder Rolls"

Blue_Jay said:
Children Of Bodom's Trashed, Lost, and Strungout has parts that sound a lot like KoRn's Clown. A huge diss I know but it's still my band's favorite song even if it does sound riped off from a nu metal band.
So....Korn is your favorite band...???

The Start of Amon Amarth's "For The Stabwounds In Our Backs" reminds me of Judas Priest's "The Hellion."

(M)aggoT said:
Soulfly "Frontlines" and Chimaira "Nothing Remains" have one similar riff.

Nu-metal has probably 3 riffs circulating through the genre.