Pathetic nu-metal crowds

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
All I can say is :rolleyes:

I was at a System of a Down/Meshuggah/Pulse Ultra concert last night, and it was pretty good. But the crowd was so pathetic(as lots of nu-metal retards dig System). fucking losers. Such impressionable little shits. All it took for the place to go nuts to some band was the singer saying before the song something about going crazy and then just the guitarist and bassist playing the top string and the singer yelling. And the drummer hitting a 17 inch floor tom and his snare. Sad really. So impressionable it's fucking pathetic.

But here's a cool story. As you surely all know, the generic nu-metal crowd is all about their life being crap and hating the world and the "fuck everything" attitude and "I don't care about anything and i'm always miserable" sort of bullshit. Well, the singer from Pulse Ultra said something great. He said "How many people here think life sucks?" 90% of the crowd yelled and blah blah blah like they would. I guess the crowd thought the guy was trying to relate to them like Papa Roach or Korn would in this type of lame question. Well, afte rthey cheered, the singer said "Well you guys are a bunch of fucking idiots. Life is a gift". Which I thought was hella rightious. The remaining 10% of the crowd yelled and cheered as the rest were mostly dumb struck(not hard to do really in that situation). Well, that's my story.

P.s.

I HATE CROWD SURFERS!

...and i'm done

Originally posted by Ecstatic Youth
He said "How many people here think life sucks?" 90% of the crowd yelled and blah blah blah like they would. I guess the crowd thought the guy was trying to relate to them like Papa Roach or Korn would in this type of lame question. Well, afte rthey cheered, the singer said "Well you guys are a bunch of fucking idiots. Life is a gift".

:lol: Hilarious!

Look, these are all opinions and whatnot, and of course you're all entitled to yours, but calling System Of A Down nu-metal is downright laughable.

Hey, if you've listened to them and don't like them, fine. But be intelligent when you're slamming a band. SOAD is about as close to nu-metal as Nevermore is, only they're on a major label, release "singles" *gasp* and can be seen on MTV. To all the sheep who slam because everyone else slams: have you actually read their lyrics, or tried to understand what they're singing about? They don't bother with trivial teen angst or people=shit type nonsense. They don't rap, they don't scratch a record, etc.

Remember, intelligent arguments are discussions. Ignorance is where the flaming comes in. Just my $.03.

markgugs, tell us what you REALLY think :D
band.gif

I agree with you margugs

lots of ppl i think dismiss them because they fall in with nu metal bands and what not, but they're vastly different. if they were like the general nu metal stuff, i wouldn't like it because that angsty noise blows, where as system does not. but it was indeed sad seeing preppy whores at the System show in their shiny/sparkly jeans and pink tank tops probably thinking to themselves "i can't wait until they play Chop Suey, Toxicity, and Aerials!" Then MESHUGGAH came on and they died. HA HA HA HA!! :headbang:

Your all jesus....
hey

THAT SOMETHING TRENDY is happening...
well the black metal shit is stale.

well... I, myself am probably one of the biggest nu-metal haters on the face of the earth. Hate all that shit because is so rediculously infectious. I can throw on the radio for a20 seconds, and hear a Disturbed song and have it end up stuck in my head for the rest of the day. And that sucks, because the music sucks. Well let me tell you a story.

Over this last 4th of July weekend, I went camping with some friends. Lots of my friends are not into metal at all, but that's cool. Diversity is the spice of life. Anyways... one friend in particular brought all his cds along. After the 5 days of alcohol and drug consumption, they ended up in the back of my truck totally unknown to anyone but me when I got home. I looked through them and found stuff like Guns and Roses, Coldplay, Depeche Mode, U2, and more importantly, the new System of a Down.

Well, I'd bought the first System of a Down record many years ago and hated it. I'd also heard some shit from the new album on the radio and thought certain parts of certain were actually quite entertainable, but at the same time, other parts we're horrendously gay.

I popped it in as if to only have a nice little laugh at it. To my suprise, 20 seconds into the first song my head is bobbing back and forth and I'm thinking "wow this is kinda cool." I couldn't believe it, but this shit was catchy. I listened to the whole thing, and tried to close my ears during the gay parts. But eventually after I listened to it a few more times, it's all really put together nicely. I quite enjoy this album. Although very trendy, and nu-metally, they have some really nice breakdowns which make the head bob almost unqillingly. That's what I like. System of a Down are definitely in a class of their own, but it's very easy to associate them with 'gay nu-metal,' because, realisticly, they're just a sub-genre (a better one, nonetheless) of gay nu-metal. heh. I will not buy this album, but downloading a few mp3s never hurt anyone.

A semi-related note: I'm very excited to see them live at Ozzfest which my friend's (who also was on the camping trip) girlfriend bought me a ticket for.

Originally posted by markgugs
Look, these are all opinions and whatnot, and of course you're all entitled to yours, but calling System Of A Down nu-metal is downright laughable.

Hey, if you've listened to them and don't like them, fine. But be intelligent when you're slamming a band. SOAD is about as close to nu-metal as Nevermore is, only they're on a major label, release "singles" *gasp* and can be seen on MTV. To all the sheep who slam because everyone else slams: have you actually read their lyrics, or tried to understand what they're singing about? They don't bother with trivial teen angst or people=shit type nonsense. They don't rap, they don't scratch a record, etc.

Remember, intelligent arguments are discussions. Ignorance is where the flaming comes in. Just my $.03.
overall a great post, except for that nevermore part. soad is way closer than nevermore heh. and DF, i think the first record is better than the new one.
-neal

Originally posted by neal

overall a great post, except for that nevermore part. soad is way closer than nevermore heh. and DF, i think the first record is better than the new one.
-neal

But neal, didn't you hear the NM record is going to be downtuned and feature a record-scrather? :D