Perfect Albums

album-into-the-depths-of-sorrow.jpg

Didn't you just get them from your rec thread like a week or two ago? If you're already calling it perfect that doesn't say much about your standards.

The only one for me that is truly perfect is:
Helloween - Walls of Jericho

Others that come close:
Helloween - The Dark Ride
Dragonforce - Valley of the Damned, lots of controversy on this one, but this is a much more raw sound when compared to their later albums when they added in a bunch of electronic bullshit, much much better than their later stuff
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Iron Maiden - s/t
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
There are some others that could make it on the list soon once they get a few more listens.

^Agreed.

I'm on the verge of adding Wishbone Ash - Argus to my very short list of 5-star albums. It needs more time though.

Not metal, but trying to be in tune with the spirit of the approaching holidays, I've been spinning Jesus Christ Superstar on repeat, and it's even better than I remembered it.It sure has been a while since I've listened to this opus. (I'm talking about the original 1970 recording, not any of the subsequent reproductions). Pure magic.

^ Their new album is better then that one imo. I can't get into that one at all.
Moving Crosscurrent of Time was the epitome of mediocrity for me. I found it rather bland and uninspirational, whereas I loved The Wind, The Trees and the Shadows of the Past.

But whatever, we all have different tastes and opinions.

Back on topic:
Fragile.jpg