Personal Shit Thread version 2.0

Been married for about 3.5 years, and with my woman about 5 years. I poo a lot. Figured that shit is normal (well maybe once or twice a day, sometimes 3). Think she is sick of me being a frenzied musician metalhead and my music in general among other things. Also we have a 3 year old who who is right in the middle of it all. Not cool shit to deal with I tell you that much.

That does all sound very confusing and frustrating. My next question was going to be citizenship but judging by what TOD said (^^), it is probably just as fucked!

From my understanding in order to simply apply for Australian citizenship you need a degree (or some equivalent qualification), which I don't have... Stay in school kids! :loco:

Anyway, I decided to become a death metal farmer and now all my problems have miraculously disappeared! :lol:

Nah, unfortunately it's not that simple (though if this doesn't work out I'm seriously considering moving back to the grim old North and becoming a death metal farmer...) Again, thanks a lot for the kind words guys :) There's not really been any progress since I last posted, I've been in touch with another immigration agent to get a second opinion and see if I have any other options. - just waiting for a response.

Been married for about 3.5 years, and with my woman about 5 years. I poo a lot. Figured that shit is normal (well maybe once or twice a day, sometimes 3). Think she is sick of me being a frenzied musician metalhead and my music in general among other things. Also we have a 3 year old who who is right in the middle of it all. Not cool shit to deal with I tell you that much.

It's like Lemmy said; No relationship can handle one person being in a rock band. It's not STRICTLY true... my fiancee is rather understanding, but it depends who it is really. Lemmy again, said it best - Women want security and want rid of anything that's a risk to their security. Like a band.

The best thing for it is compromise mate - I do my band stuff, then I have fuck all time to myself when I'm not rehearsing etc. Best way, give it a go if you haven't already!

Right guys! I hate to air my dirty laundry on the internet but instead of sending you all the same long message I thought fuck it, I might as well address you all on the matter in here.

I'm going to give you the low down on everything. I'm going to try and keep as brief as possible, but there's a lot to it so I apologise for the super long post in advance :lol:

I've been through everything with the lawyer and read over and over the documentation and, after some (extremely) careful consideration myself and my girlfriend (Alex) have decided we can't go through with it.

Financially, from our understanding we would be required to pay a first installment of $2,200, followed by a second of $1,650, as well as $3,060 for the actual visa application. There's also a third and fourth installment on the payment schedule. As well as other costs which could/inevitably would occur throughout the process. For example, if we were to require the lawyer's assistance surpassing the estimated time (which we think we would as the lawyer said to me it would not be an easy, straightforward case) his hourly rate is $385. Yes, $385 dollars, an hour. Since I moved out of my house earlier in the week I've been staying here with Alex's Mum and her partner. If we were to go ahead and I was to stay here in Australia I would have to find a place of my own (of course without being able to commit to a 6 or 12 month lease) which would cause even more stress, and of course cost even more money (bond, first months rent, then obviously bills and rent from then onwards). As Alex doesn't work we simply don't think we could afford it all. She would be more than willing to chip in from her savings but we would both stand to lose everything if we were unsuccessful. I know money isn't everything but we just can't go through with it.

Forgetting about the money for a moment; we don't think we'd have much of a problem compiling evidence of a genuine and ongoing relationship, but we simply couldn't cover some of the criteria, for example we don't have any financial ties to each other etc. I know that may be irrelevant as if we were to proceed and go down the strategic route the lawyer said we would, the initial application would be unsuccessful and we would appeal the decision, giving us much more time to obtain all of the required evidence. So not having all the supporting documentation wouldn't necessarily mean I wouldn't be grated my visa, but what it would mean is a lot of stress, a lot of money, a lot of commitment and a lot of help from other people. People who haven't known me long, or necessarily even really know me all that well - therefore people we can't truly depend on.

This has been the single most difficult decision of my life so far, and while it sounds like one I may regret, the prospect of going through with all this is simply too overwhelming for both of us. Of course it's not what we want to do, as much as we want to follow our hearts and go ahead, I think this is the sensible thing to do.

In a way, I'm nipping this in the bud and taking it on the chin now, rather than going ahead and allowing it to potentially becoming something much worse, much harder to deal with and far, far more upsetting for me (and her) in the future.

I'll be leaving Australia on Tuesday. I don't know where I'm going to go, or how I'm going to deal with all of this yet. But you guys have shown such an interest in my situation, offered me so much support and generally been really cool with me about it all I thought you all deserved to know what's going on.

Keenan, I don't think it matters as to whether its irrelivant now or not, speak if you got something to let out bro.

Podg, Christ it really fucking sucks how you need to move out due to circumstances out of your reach. Sucks even more that for the most part, its a matter of not having enough money that's limiting you from having a life you can thoroughly enjoy... :(

Are you going back to England? At least if you can't do something in Aussie, you could plan for what you want to do later on these next few days...

Podgie:
What are you going to do about your ladyfriend? You're just gonna go your separate ways?

Also, fuck those assholes asking for so much damn money just so you can stay.

Best of luck man...

$385 per hour for a lawyer?! I'm ashamed to live here haha!

Sounds complete bullshit. There's no way anyone could get through something like that. Kudos to you Podge for what you've been putting up with. Perhaps you could find a job, save up and eventually come back down to Melbourne with Alex.

Really hope you can get through it all; there is always a light at the end of the tunnel!

Well, fasten your seatbelts - this one's a doozie.

The new social worker we were issued a while back was a fucking bitch - very condescending, intimidating and threatening. Turns out that a report has been filed - by her, using notes made by previous workers - that consists of nothing but lies, exaggerations, misinformation and misquotes and subsequently, we have to attend a hearing about our daughter because of this.

One example of such a blatent lie was that there were 'four ashtrays full to overflowing'. That's very impressive considering that there were only two ashtrays in the entire household and we emptied them when they were half full. Apparently the house is 'a complete tip' despite the fact that at the time of writing, we were amidst redecorating and unpacking (not to mention that all and any mess in the living room consisted entirely of children's toys that the kid herself threw everywhere), and the best one is that we supposedly beat her due to ONE small bruise she had on her arm... which she obtained from playing a bit roughly with the child next door.

TL;DR - Social workers are threatening to take our kid(s) off us because they're lying bastards. Needless to say, I'm taking them to court and I WILL make sure that this bitch loses her job, even if it takes me a decade.

Well, fasten your seatbelts - this one's a doozie.

The new social worker we were issued a while back was a fucking bitch - very condescending, intimidating and threatening. Turns out that a report has been filed - by her, using notes made by previous workers - that consists of nothing but lies, exaggerations, misinformation and misquotes and subsequently, we have to attend a hearing about our daughter because of this.

One example of such a blatent lie was that there were 'four ashtrays full to overflowing'. That's very impressive considering that there were only two ashtrays in the entire household and we emptied them when they were half full. Apparently the house is 'a complete tip' despite the fact that at the time of writing, we were amidst redecorating and unpacking (not to mention that all and any mess in the living room consisted entirely of children's toys that the kid herself threw everywhere), and the best one is that we supposedly beat her due to ONE small bruise she had on her arm... which she obtained from playing a bit roughly with the child next door.

TL;DR - Social workers are threatening to take our kid(s) off us because they're lying bastards. Needless to say, I'm taking them to court and I WILL make sure that this bitch loses her job, even if it takes me a decade.

1.Kill said social worker
2.????
3.Profit

Seriously, that's some serious bullshit, Dave. Give them hell.

The thing is, there's a big thing about the social services' child 'protection' regulations here. On multiple occasions they've taken children from loving homes for no justifiable reason other than the fact that they could because hey - fuck you, loving families. It's not exactly a secret that they're so corrupt, but it never gets any coverage. Odd, that.

This report is so full of shit that it's almost funny (almost). But seriously, I'm not going down without a fight on this one - they're going to have an extremely difficult time going through with this if they decide to take any action, especially considering how flat-out bullshit the report was which thusly makes their actions illegal. Like, on a colossal scale. Lawyers, taped meeting, police, everything and anything will be thrown against them even if I'm in debt for the rest of my life.

They fucked with the wrong person.

I would like to address each of your comments individually but in the interest of time (I'm in a state library and my time is running out!) I just say this, again, you've all been super cool about my situation and thank you for understanding. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do when I touch down in London, I have no plans. I appreciate all your kind words though.

I said I wouldn't address each of your comments, but I will comment on this one because it's the thing that's on my mind the most...

Podgie:
What are you going to do about your ladyfriend?

I simply do not know. Having to be separated from a girl you've broken up with is one thing, but this? Having to leave the girl you love is something I have never had to experience. I have no idea what I'm going to do or how I'm going to cope without her.

Hey man, yeah, I don't know what kind of state I'm going to be when I get back to the UK but I'll make an effort to get to one of the shows and hang out with you.

Also, I didn't mean to give the impression I just ignored your post. I've just been so caught up with my own shit (and my internet time was quickly running out! haha). Anyway, having read over it properly it just goes to show that shit happens to all of us. Horrible, horrible situation by the sounds of it. I don't know what to say apart from I hope things work out and you bring these nasty people to justice. Or at least prevent them for potentially ruining your life.

Is it sort of like the thing about the police having to make a certain number of arrests a year? (not sure if that is true)
If it isn't I can't see what they stand to gain by wrongly accusing you, unless they get some sick kick out of it. When is you next meeting thing?