Personality Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenneth R. said:
based on the existence of the tests, this thread, and some responses, obviously some people, not including myself :lol:

Perhaps you dislike the idea of being cateogised SO much that you refuse to put any faith into these tests?

I take the middle ground. I DO believe it possible to test for incredibly generalised personality types, but to map the variety of the human persona with a simple yes/no test must be nigh on impossible, or in the very least highly dubious.

I just don't believe in these online "Yes or No" tests. You can't base a person's personality based on what they say on a test, online, or with questions only answerable in yes or no.

It's possible to analyse broad varities of personality, I think. Answering yes or no questions about what you would do in any situation can certainly give indications as to whether the person is broadly aggressive or passive, for example.

Final_Product said:
Perhaps you dislike the idea of being cateogised SO much that you refuse to put any faith into these tests?

I take the middle ground. I DO believe it possible to test for incredibly generalised personality types, but to map the variety of the human persona with a simple yes/no test must be nigh on impossible, or in the very least highly dubious.
i'd say that's about right. I don't ever want to be referred to as a number, a statistic, something disconnected from the personal identity. I also, for reasons already stated, am skeptical of this and other such surveys claiming to divine some status from a few questions, and then classify complex ideas in simple, limited categories. I guess I prefer bigger questions, or those more external. I feel I know myself well enough without such tests, and that I am more interested in the workings of humanity as a whole, or even just larger social groups.

Susperia said:
Are you a sociologist? My best friend is going to school to become one... You people are incredible.

A need to categorize every human like animals and insects, is a very peculiar and dangerous trait. Sociology seems like such a waste of time these days--no offense to any sociologists out there.

I for one see nothing wrong with categorizing, or trying to .. it sure beats remaining ignorant.

Ahh okay, I thought you were one of the ones refusing to take the test .. my bad.

That said, I'm rather impressed with my prediction. :)

speed said:
A need to categorize every human like animals and insects, is a very peculiar and dangerous trait. Sociology seems like such a waste of time these days--no offense to any sociologists out there.

Humans are animals, accept it, get over it.

We're not plants, fungii, protists, or bacteria. We're multi-celular eukaryotes that consume other living things for energy and respirate oxygen. Thus, we're animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.