Peter DOES solo...

Sullen Jester

Corporate Executive
Sep 12, 2001
Beneath The World
Go to opeth.goddambastard.org and download the video Opeth-20010512-Live_at_the_Culture_Room-ftl.fl.us (Okay, so it's 500+ megs.)

You will see that Peter does the second half of the solo of "White Cluster"... haven't watched any other songs..

SO TAKE THAT YOU EVIL 'PETER DOESNT SOLO' FREAKS!

I'm just watching the viedeo.

Does anyone of you know why Mikael switches to another guitar at ~min. 37:00?

The sound quality is really good, but I wish those damn fans wouldn't scream like retards during the mellow parts, it's really annoying, they somehow mess it all up. But you can't have it all ;)

Information gets mixed up. If someone says that Mike has been writing 100% of the music since Still Life, someone might take it from there and say that...wait...solos? Why the hell wouldn't Pete ever do a solo??? Well, that's just plain silly!

Who would say such things! ((GASP!)) :p

Mike plays mostly the lead melodies live, it seems, but as far as solos go, it LOOKS like each plays what he wrote, so it's a good way to tell who did which.

I think he always did most of the songwriting, but all the members make up a lot of it when they actually begin playing together since a lot is left open.

Peter's are generally more classical sounding. Or something. I can hear a difference but I can't describe it well.

Besides the songs they do live and the BWP ones listed on the site, I don't really know which are his.