Peter leaving

This new guy, Fredrik is a shredder as far as I know. Hopefully Opeth will remain shredless in future as well. Neo-classic soloing would just spoil the thing.

watch mendez go next...

so it has officially become Ackerfeldt, Inc.
I would have preferred Mickael backed off touring in order to preserve "Opeth - the people" rather than "Opeth - the business", but this just confirms and follows suit to everything we've seen over the past 3-4 years.

RIP.

watch mendez go next...

I would have preferred Mickael backed off touring in order to preserve "Opeth - the people" rather than "Opeth - the business", but this just confirms and follows suit to everything we've seen over the past 3-4 years.

RIP.

I beleive its the record label that decides the tour regime

watch mendez go next...

RIP.

I just had to post in this thread to get my feelings out. I'm very sad that Peter leaves. I'm glad that i have seen him play four times and spoken to him ones.

I wish both Peter and Fredrik good luck with their new adventures!

holy shit cunt fuck what the FUCK????!!?!?!!!! WOW this is such unexpected news!!! Who's next?? I wish the band good luck for their new guitarist, and i wish Lindgren good luck :cry: awww why Peter?? WHY??!! :cry:

fuck, Fuck, FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

OK, now that THAT bullshit is out of the way, good luck to Peter...you never quite got the credit you deserved, dude. Your beautiful playing has brought me many, MANY moments of joy, so THANK YOU!!!!! You'll be sorely missed, but this really makes Opeth even more exciting...what the hell is the next album gonna sound like? In eager anticipation, I shall wait for the Master to unfold his plan...

very unexpected and shocking news ...

but oh well, it's more surprising that there have been so few line-up changes in the past years, considering this is normal shit in the metal scene ...

a drummer and a guitarplayer we all know only from very hard bands ... hmmm, can this mean that the next album will sound harder than anything Opeth has ever done before? I'm not complaining about past albums, love them all, but wouldn't mind a really hard album as well :) looking forward to hear it, no matter what it will sound like!

perhaps also this means the start for a less stable line-up in future years?

It's a shame, I'll miss peters solos lol. Plus as someone said earlier, he was a nice polite guy. Aslong as bass doesnt leave its ok tbh.

...Jesus.. Well, i'm surprised!

Of course, it's not as big a deal as say.. If Mikael decided to call it quits.. But still, pretty shit..

All i can say is good luck to Peter in whatever he does next.. I'm sure that he'll have a lot of people eager to hear anything he puts out.

Very sad to hear that Peter is gone, he's a very cool guy, I'll miss not seeing him the next time they come through town. Fred is a great musician and he being a part of Opeth now should be interesting to hear.

RIP
martondemo.jpg
and
peter_stor.jpg
thread

the epic news of peter's involvement with blüd disorder will remain unknown