Popularity of the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just because I am getting older I get frustrated more easily by stupid shit. It just seems to me that the quality of the people has diminished greatly since the days of Lina, Belile, Great Pheonix, MetalManCPA, Beth, Nogie, Bumblefoot, Spike, Hearse, Beast in Flames, and the likes of all them.

I used to come here everyday, but now find myself coming once a week or so just to scan the threads.

It just isn't fun anymore.

I don't know man. A lot of those people wrote their share of stupid shit in the old off-topic forum.

I think it may just be a severe case of nostalgia on your part. This place has always had some degree of crap being spewed into it, but I think what's really changed is the amount of interesting content that's counterbalanced it.

i aint play this: name one point where he would be exaggerating, simple facts... this forum would be awesome if people stopped fearing that it will run out of space, how can people take it personally and seriously get pissed if they find something that seems inapropriate to them.

Those kinds of things happen quite frequently here, i can't deny it, but his statement made it seem like the forum is unbearable all the time...and it isn't like that, a lot of times people get proper answers to their questions when they create new threads. One year ago this forum was much worse in terms of elitism and hostility.

yeah, you've been around for ages to know that that's how it functions :)

And you think you have? STFU you whore! Just joking

I gotta agree with a lot that's been said about NFU, he just really pissed me off sometimes. Anyways, this forum ain't that bad... sure it's been better and worse, but I still come here, I still post, I still read topics, I still enjoy it.

And for the record, Tubbs is my favorite poster... now fight for the glory!:lol:

yeah, you've been around for ages to know that that's how it functions :)

I dont have to be here long to realise how this place works. I just have to be around long enough to read a few of the posts posted by the assholes in this place. There seem to be alot of them.

we need the off-topic section back! thats whats causing all the trouble. members need to let off their steam now and then on stupid threads that are NOT about music. i still dont understand why mrs.akerfeldt wont let the non-opeth section turn into off-topic...who cares as long as we keep the opeth section free of all kinds of shit and other topics.

i wanna discuss literature, politics, art, women, beers, movies, mysticism, business etc. with all the people i know here...just like in the old days

Those kinds of things happen quite frequently here, i can't deny it, but his statement made it seem like the forum is unbearable all the time...and it isn't like that, a lot of times people get proper answers to their questions when they create new threads. One year ago this forum was much worse in terms of elitism and hostility.

I never said it was unbearable. Just no where near as fun as it used to be.

And I never said that EVERY thread contained brutality towards people... just a lot of them.

Joey/NFU may have been a cock sometimes but it was all in good fun and anybody took him too seriously in that respect is a moron.
He also new his shit more so than almost anyone here and I for one (and alot of others) learned a heap of shit off him and got turned onto alot of new stuff because of him.
This forum is alot more of an interesting place with him, face facts!

Joey/NFU may have been a cock sometimes but it was all in good fun and anybody took him too seriously in that respect is a moron.
He also new his shit more so than almost anyone here and I for one (and alot of others) learned a heap of shit off him and got turned onto alot of new stuff because of him.
This forum is alot more of an interesting place with him, face facts!

Yeah, if you take "knew his shit" as having an homoerotic admiration for Garm and being a prog fag

Status
Not open for further replies.