Possible Band?

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I dont know if this was even some what of a consideration this year because of the probable low following of this band in the US, but here goes...

I was listening to the Borknagar "Epic" and I thought to myself these guys would be awesome to see in concert Vintersorg's voice is so "POWERFUL", oh shit what about a Powerfest appearance. They also just released an acoustic album, so I thought it would be cool if they did like a half acoustic and half electric set.

Maybe Rob, Chris, or the other guy (sorry forgot your name) could chime in to let us know if a band like this was even possibly considered.

You know, there was some talk on the Borknagar forum about them possibly doing a U.S. tour. Didn't say "when" or "for sure".. but boy I sure would LOVE to see this band live! Eventhough ICS Vortex was the reason I first listened to Borknagar, I still like them more and more with every play.

Borknagar for Powerfest \m/

I've never posted here, but I'll throw in my support. I would love to see Borknagar, I would probably walk myself to chicago for that. Honestly though, I think "Epic" is such an amazing album and it's about time they play over here.

wont happen...

I am sure their price is way to high and with Vintersorg being so busy with all the bnds he is in, I am sure with the show months away...impossible. I would love to see them but I have a feeling that someone of this size will not be playing the fest.

I have known this guy for a while. He is never happy.
I wouldn't worry about it.

I didnt say Powerfest isnt a real show..I mean the bands that cant get a real show...like the ones who you have CD's by but never seem tp play even though they are from the states....like Virgin Steele, who are now playing Prog Power finally, Twisted Tower Dire, Pharoh( I thnk that is spelled right), Manilla Road and so on.

I just want this fest to be good and worth while. It will be hard to top Nocturnal Rights.

Jason...what do you mean I am never happy. I felt great that day you slipped outside of Arbys and you fell on your ass. I was happy with the Blind Guardian show. I am happy all the time, just not at work or paying bills or getting lackluster CD's.

Jason...what do you mean I am never happy.

Just mean that no matter who is booked, you will be bitching about the fest.
You should be happy that there is a fest so close to where you live that will take a chance on the bands they have in the past.

I don't think there is any other promoter in Chicago that would have booked Tad Morose, Lefay, Nocturnal Rites, etc.....

every band on this fest will be quite relevant to metal today,
fresh, refreshing, ass-kicking and enjoyable to all those who
appreciate great metal music! there will be no "throwaways,"
"filler," or any other type of bullshit that goes on around the
scene. the only expectations should be that you will definitely
get your money's worth and definitely see some killer musicians
tearing it up all weekend so prepare to have a great time! :)

Amen brutha!!

And just to add to the "money's worth" comment...everyone can expect quite a drop in ticket price this year...to the point where people will have no excuse not to go. No more excuses, no more complaining...this will be the fest to test Chicago's true loyalty to the metal scene...period!

Cheaper price + a stronger lineup = kick-your-fucking-ass fest!! :kickass:

Also, we know we're taking a bit longer to start making announcements, but we're trying to get all our ducks in a row & be very strategic with our selections.

Basically, this will be, without a doubt, the make-it-or-break-it year for us!! So, we hope people will come out for not just the fest, but to also support the cause.

Honestly, if we can't make more of a significant impact on the attendance this time around...to at least break even, then the Powerfest will most likely become one of those for the history books.:erk:

Rob and Chris,
I think you guys are building quite a loyal fanbase for the fest.
I think the fest is on the way of being one where there are a good number of people who will come regardless of who plays.

Premiering Morgana Lefay and Nocturnal Rites in the states for the first time definitely drew mass attention to the fest.

Rob and Chris,
I think you guys are building quite a loyal fanbase for the fest.
I think the fest is on the way of being one where there are a good number of people who will come regardless of who plays.

Premiering Morgana Lefay and Nocturnal Rites in the states for the first time definitely drew mass attention to the fest.

Well, I hope you're right. :kickass:

I guess we'll see...

Amen brutha!!

And just to add to the "money's worth" comment...everyone can expect quite a drop in ticket price this year...to the point where people will have no excuse not to go. No more excuses, no more complaining...this will be the fest to test Chicago's true loyalty to the metal scene...period!

Cheaper price + a stronger lineup = kick-your-fucking-ass fest!! :kickass:

Also, we know we're taking a bit longer to start making announcements, but we're trying to get all our ducks in a row & be very strategic with our selections.

Basically, this will be, without a doubt, the make-it-or-break-it year for us!! So, we hope people will come out for not just the fest, but to also support the cause.

Honestly, if we can't make more of a significant impact on the attendance this time around...to at least break even, then the Powerfest will most likely become one of those for the history books.:erk:

For me...ticket price is not as issue as long as there are good bands playing. Chicago is a odd town for shows and turn outs. Last summer I figured that the Ale Horn of Power would have had a great turnout but it wasnt that crowded. I think the key is location and who is playing. I hope that this fest has a good selection of bands and makes enough money for you guys so I can come here for years and bug people, or even better you can get Elvenking to headline.

Also...if we are testing the Chicago metal scene...does that mean the show will be in the "City"???? hopefully.

The fest has definitely made a name for itself.
As I said, I am sure there are a good number of people who will come regardless of who plays.

Bob - You and I have discussed the location issue before. It is tough to say whether having the fest in the city would have an impact on attendance. Is there a good venue for such a fest in the city?