Possibly the worst day of my life

I'm not going to judge or formulate my opinion on the entire e-drama, but I know that being cheated on is about the worst feeling you can get in a relationship. Just don't fall into the trap of thinking it's because you've done something wrong or because you weren't good enough. It's because he's a sack of shit.

I can understand (not approve of, understand) kissing someone else. Kissing can be impulsive, it can be sudden and surprise you. It can be an outlet for other emotional needs that you may have. If you feel suitably guilty, a kiss can be talked about and dealt with. However, having sex with someone else is just inexcusable. You can no longer say that it "just happened" or that "it was all so sudden". Bullshit! Before you can have sex with someone, you need to go back to his/her place, get into bed together and take off your clothes. ALL THIS TIME you have the chance to think about it reasonably and back out. You have the chance to think, "what am I doing? Is this really worth it? Does the girl I'm with truly deserve that I do this?" - and all that time, you have the chance to say "no".

If you don't, it simply means you don't give a fuck.

I think this is a fabulous response.

Lesa, I'm so sorry. I'm in New York right now, but I'm going to call you as soon as I get home.

And you need to come visit me before you go back to school!

And definitely get Alternative 4, as well as Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream.

I hope I can hang out wif yous before I go back to school. I just have a week left, though. :(
I'll eventually drive there, but I might need someone with me that knows how to handle San Francisco traffic :p

Reuben, I'm pretty sure I'll be here for turkey day, so we should all chill :)

And Stormy, I agree with you on everything, but a kiss still hurt, though....because I now know what was backing it, and it makes me really want to scream. It wasn't just a handshake..
And I'm not blaming myself. I feel like I might have prompted this indirectly in some way...but I'm not really sure. It wasn't my decision to make this fucking mess. but I'm thankful that it was just a kiss, now that I know everything that happened.

You're asking to be confined to RC aren't you?

nah, i never got banned so i feel like having a romp here once in a while

all i'm saying is that i've had a girlfriend cheat on me before. i sure as hell didn't make internet promotion of the event a priority... it's like going on the Maury show to reveal some terrible secret. who does that? come on!

Considering it was her boyfriend and best friend, and she does personally know some of the people here, I'd assume it was her best given option.

The people involved are close enough to be considered family.
I was a bridesmaid at the wedding of the people involved. Justin was a groomsman. We were all very close, and you have no idea how confounding this situation is.

MFJ, this is my way of dealing with this.
I'm sorry, but go fuck yourself and the high horse you rode in on.

My priority isn't "posting this all over the web." My priority is fixing this mess and myself. I'm already half way there.

I love the hypocrisy of his reply too.
9,000 posts on a message board on the internet, in response or to provoke response from other people, which is a form of socialization with obviously real people, because "internet people" for lack of a better term aren't a figment of our imagination. Go figure.
But someone starts a thread about this and suddenly he (mistakenly) assumes that it's of no importance to anyone on here because people on the internet can't actually have any sort of communication that goes beyond chatting here and there since internet people are fake and only exist on the internet; thus matters such as these have no business being on the internet.

I'm not sure that made any sense but basically get a fucking clue. Yeah people can joke with the whole "internet: serious business" shit and all of that, but isn't the person "on the other side" just as real as you are? Or are you the only human being on the internet? It's one thing that pisses me off about message boards and myspace and shit like that. People treat it like it's some fantasy land (to some extent it is) where they're the only person that exists, outside looking into some pipe-dream that somehow has no validity or real-life value, when in fact it does. In fact it seems sites like myspace and facebook in theory are designed to sort of transcend the mystical "internet/real life" boundary, but sadly have seemed to do quite the opposite I find.

But anyway, believe it or not, real life shit is talked about on the internet. Read the news on the internet much? That's real life shit on the internet right? No different than this. Amazing concept, I know.

</tangent>

The whole "Internet: Serious Business" thing is just a quick way to dodge an arguement you can't win.

4455normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

And Stormy, I agree with you on everything, but a kiss still hurt, though....because I now know what was backing it, and it makes me really want to scream. It wasn't just a handshake..
And I'm not blaming myself. I feel like I might have prompted this indirectly in some way...but I'm not really sure. It wasn't my decision to make this fucking mess. but I'm thankful that it was just a kiss, now that I know everything that happened.
It was just a kiss? Well, then like I said, it could have been impulsive or just stupid. I thought he had really cheated, cheated on you. If it was only a kiss, surely it can be talked about? Not saying you should go on with the relationship, but forgiving the other might still be possible.

And damn right Kellan.

It was just a kiss? Well, then like I said, it could have been impulsive or just stupid. I thought he had really cheated, cheated on you. If it was only a kiss, surely it can be talked about? Not saying you should go on with the relationship, but forgiving the other might still be possible.

And damn right Kellan.

I agree. For now just a friendship, but who knows? Maybe in the future it will bring you back together.

A kiss can be discussed. In some cultures, it's rude NOT to kiss. Granted, this wasn't some peck on the cheek, but I think it's something that can be worked out.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

And damn right Kellan.

Perhaps it wasn't just a "Hey friend" kiss, maybe it was a "hot lesbians in a jacuzzi wash each others mouth with their tongues" kiss.

EDIT: send pix

EDIT 2: and I don't kiss my friends

EDIT 3: all the time