Possibly the worst OZZFEST ever...

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Not that many here were considering going anyhow, but I just had to vent about this line-up I just read for this years Ozzfest.

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE (select shows only)
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
DISTURBED
HATEBREED
LACUNA COIL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

Second Stage:

ATREYU
BLEEDING THROUGH
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME
UNEARTH
NORMA JEAN
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD
THE RED CHORD
WALLS OF JERICHO
A LIFE ONCE LOST
ALL THAT REMAINS

The second stage is crap on crap!!!

I love Disturbed and SotD and LC would be cool to see but if I didn't go last year there is no way I am goign this year.

Bear

The only bands I would want to see are Strapping Young Lad, Bleeding Through, and Lacuna Coil. I haven't gone to Ozzfest since '99, and that was only because I got in free, due to the fact that my friends sister was dating the guitar player from the Deftones haha.

BalanceofPower said:
The only bands I would want to see are Strapping Young Lad, Bleeding Through, and Lacuna Coil. I haven't gone to Ozzfest since '99, and that was only because I got in free, due to the fact that my friends sister was dating the guitar player from the Deftones haha.

WHOA!!! With connections like that, how come NOVEMBERS DOOM aren't on a major label yet?????

Its a very tragic Ozzfest and the HotTopic punks are just thrilled about it. I frequent that board and it went from ok to total shit in a day...

I can only hope that GIGANTOUR will bring some relief....

The only bands on Ozzfest that I like are Disturbed, BLS, LC, OzzY and SYL. That rest I wouldnt wipe my ass with.

Eh...it's not the greatest, but last year wasn't really that much better. Actually, there are probably more bands this year that I would rather see:

BTBAM - best new band...PERIOD (OK, not really new, but new in terms of exposure)
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - simply kicks ass...Gene Hoglan owns!!
ALL THAT REMAINS - kicks Shadows Fall's ass...too bad this ex-SF singer doesn't have long dreads...maybe they'd get more attention too...hehe.
SOAD - May not be too impressive live, but still great band
LACUNA COIL - Cristina...need I say more...hehe.
UNEARTH - I missed these guys last time...didn't help they played at 10:30am.
NORMA JEAN - just curious considering all the hype they got on their last album
THE RED CHORD - just curious as well.

Oh...and just so you know, Chris & I will be inviting 3 of these bands for CPF 2007. ;)

Biggest motivation is simply cuz we're tired of people thinking our fest is a "power metal" fest...time to really shake things up! :p